Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | FAQ | RSS RSS

GateWorld Blogs
IVON BARTOK'S BLOG
STARGATE DVD SPECIAL FEATURES PRODUCER

Thursday, October 05, 2006

LAST DAY OF SHOOTING... WOW!

Well I have been a terrible blogger this season, and I would be even worse if I didn't drop by on this last day of shooting on both Stagate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. It has a bit more meaning on SG-1 because we all know that this may be it for the series, but who knows.

I came in this morning and headed right to stage 1 where Chris Judge and Ben Browder were engaged in a fight... on camera that is. It involves some great staff work. You'll have to wait a year to see the misses, and accidental hits that happened.

Right across the way in the FX stage Joe was deep in thought as he was invloved a scene that took all his concentration... or at least that is the way 'Sheppard' was playing it. I just left the FX stage where Joe, David, and David N were coming up with a plan... I can't say anymore.

What I am going to try and do is update you throughout the day... keep you in the loop as it were.

I will be here past midnight today, so if I can keep my eyes open I will be back.

There is no way that I am going to miss the last shot on SG-1... and I really want to make sure I share it with all of you.

Peace out... and thanks for the positve comments regarding the season 9 special features.

Posted by IVON BARTOK @ 12:21 PM   |  LINK

6 Comments:
Aurora wrote:
1:52 PM     LINK

Good luck on what must be a bittersweet day for you all on set.

Hope springs eternal for movies or webcast 11, but if Season Ten is the end, it's been an amazing run and thanks to all the cast and crew (including you Ivon, from your days as assistant to Glassner/Anderson to now) for the wonderful entertainment you've given us during this time.

Still waiting for UPS to arrive with my Season Nine, but am looking forward to the extras.

Aurora wrote:
1:55 PM     LINK

D'oh! Greenburg/Anderson (I'm sorry, brief mental lapse). The sentiment is still true. :-p

Nate wrote:
2:40 PM     LINK

Wow, its hard to believe today is the last day... I thank you for whatever info you can provide. I hope MGM decides to test the internet TV waters and releases Stargate SG-1 Season 11 as a digital only release..

Anonymous wrote:
3:13 PM     LINK

Thanks Ivon for keeping us up to date that is sweet of you!

Halo wrote:
3:28 PM     LINK

Thnak you Ivon for keeping us updated. Hard to believe it's the last day, seems like this show should never have ended. :(

Hugs to you the crew and the cast for all your wonderful work this season and I hope to see lots more SG1 coming our way soon. :)

Marla Reed, Journalist wrote:
3:59 PM     LINK

Ivan thanks so much for sharing with us and for understanding what having this insight you provide has meant to us.

Please pass along a huge THANK YOU to each and every one of the cast and crew of Stargate SG1 for ten years of a job well done. Pass along our hopes for more to come, be it movies or mini series.

Post a Comment        Blog Home        GateWorld Home

Talk about this blog at GateWorld Forum >
GateWorld Home >

Blogs are the author's personal space and represent solely the views of the author, and not necessary those of GateWorld.net and its owner. Entries are not edited or reviewed by GateWorld before publication.

About the Author
Ivon Bartok Ivon is the DVD Special Features Producer for both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, and was formerly a script coordinator and an assistant to Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Greenburg. He lives in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Previous Posts