Thanks for your interest in contributing to GateWorld! By submitting a news item to GateWorld, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You must be 18 years or older.
- While the editors make an effort to confirm information reported, the story and its accuracy is your responsibility. Be careful, and be judicious.
- Always cite your source! If you’ve found some Stargate-related news on another site, provide a link back in your story. If you don’t know HTML, just paste the full address (starting with http://) at the bottom of the story and our editors will take care of the rest.
- Your words must be 100 percent original. Do not copy and paste full sentences from another Web site or publication. Restate information in your own words (unless you are quoting a source), and try not to mimic their story paragraph-for-paragraph.
- When quoting a source (such as an actor or producer), put the quotation in double “quotation marks” and cite the original source.
- Your news item will be published under your byline. Because we strive for high standards of professionalism, we prefer to publish your contribution under your real name (rather than an Internet handle, like “AsgardLVR-347″). If you would prefer to keep that private, please create a pen name by editing your profile.
- We’d also love to include a short bio! You can edit this on your profile. Include your location, profession, etc. — but please keep it professional and limited to one or two brief sentences.
- If you have a Web site, blog, or LiveJournal, you can also include the link on your profile!
- You grant GateWorld LLC unlimited and irrevocable permission to publish your submission at GateWorld.net.
Thank you again! In addition to occasional contributors, we’re looking to find people who are talented writers and enthusiastic Stargate fans who are consistent in their submissions, who we can invite to join GateWorld’s staff of volunteer writers.
GateWorld’s submission policy is subject to amendment. Please review this page before each new submission.