1. ferrari20092
    ferrari20092
    February 24, 2009 at 9:06 pm |

Interesting choices. I think It’s a good decision. And a 45 year old actress.. What happened to all these “young strapping, Stargate 90210 people that you guys were talking about?

I can’t wait, this show looks like it’s got a lot going for it. I’m getting excited.

2. HBMC
    HBMC
    February 24, 2009 at 9:08 pm |

Yup. 45-years old. This gets more and more like 90210 all the time… oh wait… no… no it doesn’t.

I like this so far.

BYE

3. strider
    strider
    February 24, 2009 at 9:25 pm |

Elyse Levesque was in the TV movie Journey To the Center of the Earth, not the theatrical movie.

4. Jim Hutto
    February 24, 2009 at 9:27 pm |

Hmmm, very interesting choices. They aren’t no bodies. And Elyse Levesque is HOT too. And having a 45 year old really blows the whole 90210 idea out of the water…. I think I may enjoy this show….

5. cap
    February 24, 2009 at 9:27 pm |

strider is correct, and her role on Smallville was very minor, a guest stint in two episodes.

6. jasong
    jasong
    February 24, 2009 at 9:47 pm |

Still 90210. I’m betting Ming-Na will be recurring. Same for Lou Diamond Phillips. Notice how MGM won’t comment. Phillips’ character will be dead before the third episode airs. :)

7. Alan
    Alan
    February 24, 2009 at 10:00 pm |

Very nice pieces of casting! I’m impressed! Can’t wait to see them!

8. Cheapshot
    Cheapshot
    February 25, 2009 at 2:08 am |

I’m kind of hoping the writers will have some sort of AI on board with a personality that compliments the crew. They should also flood the first few eps with actors they can kill of quickly.

Make it more interesting.

9. katikatnik
    katikatnik
    February 25, 2009 at 2:39 am |

So, Wray is this show’s Weir. Are they playing anagrams now?

I just can’t help it but the regular cast is almost blindingly white (and even blond). They have, what, eight regulars and six of them are white. I know that people called SGA too white but half of the regular team were POCs, if you want to call them that, with Rachel Luttrell of mixed background, Rainbow Sun Francks African American and Jason Momoa of Hawaian descent.

I just don’t get why the only minorities that they use have to be African American and Asian. Some of the SGU’s regulars could have been Puertorican, Native American… But all we get is an Asian big-wig (which was Tamlyn Tomita on SGA) and the black brute.

Nitpicky, I know, it just boggles the mind *shrugs*

10. Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
    February 25, 2009 at 5:20 am |

Elyse Levesque has pretty eyes

11. Coremae
    Coremae
    February 25, 2009 at 7:38 am |

Sorry sorry sorry sorry for being such a butt wipe, apparently, SGU won’t suck as much. HOPE LIVES AGAIN, HOPE LIVES AGAIN.

12. dreadtech
    dreadtech
    February 25, 2009 at 7:43 am |

Like others have said, what happened to a younger cast to appeal to a much younger audience?
    Still i like the choices made so far. Truth is an older cast is more likely to stay with the show.

13. Caladria
    Caladria
    February 25, 2009 at 9:25 am |

I knew TPTB wouldn’t fail us! I’m really liking the cast so far, quite a few of them look like they have some pretty good experience and they are not all 20-somethings.

I have to say that I am even more looking forward to the premier! :D

14. Crabtree
    Crabtree
    February 25, 2009 at 1:10 pm |

Katikatnik,
    Aside from the fact that between 65 and 75% of the US population is Caucasian, on SGU we have:

Lou Diamond Philips (Col. Telford) who, like many Americans, is of mixed descent including Spanish, Chinese, Filipino, Hawaiian, and Cherokee heritage.

Justin Louis (Everett Young) who was born in Portugal.

Jamil Walker Smith (Ronald Greer) who is African-American. He is also the grandson of Greg Morris, so as a Mission Impossible fan I’m looking forward to this!

Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman (Darren Becker) is an African-Canadian. I know you complained that the only minorities in it were either back or Asian, but those are both fairly prominent minorities in the US and Canada.

Finally, we have Robert Carlyle (Nicholas Rush) who is Scottish. That doesn’t actually factor into this, but I’m still chuffed about having Hamish Macbeth on Stargate.

It seems like a pretty darn diverse cast to me….

15. Orion Coran
    Orion Coran
    February 25, 2009 at 4:07 pm |

@Crabtree: First off, great observation Crabtree. Not only is there a wide range in the age of the cast, but they are pretty diverse.

Anyways, I am exited. This show is gonna be great.

16. Mantropill
    Mantropill
    February 25, 2009 at 9:12 pm |

Now i can’t wait, it starts looking good.

17. vanishingtorch
    vanishingtorch
    March 1, 2009 at 1:56 am |

I want Kristen Kreuk.
    I think she’d do great.

18. beardrewz
    beardrewz
    March 1, 2009 at 8:43 am |

this show is going to crash and burn. We will call it StarGaze not Stargate.

19. jimwade