1. Slashee the Cow
    Slashee the Cow
    May 13, 2009 at 9:38 pm |

I’d like to point out that the cover art for shown at EzyDVD isn’t the final cover for Australia, as it doesn’t have the required (and ugly) ratings information. As for calling it a 3 disc set… not sure, but it would help explain the $40 price (for those fortunate enough not to live here, new release movie DVDs are usually $30).

2. darkglasses
    darkglasses
    May 13, 2009 at 9:42 pm |

Once again the EzyDVD website delivers: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/806167 <- Complete Atlantis series collection! The ‘cover art’ has changed since I last checked it.

3. Orion2
    Orion2
    May 13, 2009 at 10:41 pm |

“(Thanks to AusGamerForever, Morjana and apk51 for the tip)”

Lets not forget “Trekky” who gave us the first Heads-Up” via the Gateworld Forums! ;)

4. AusGamerForever
    AusGamerForever
    May 13, 2009 at 10:59 pm |

I sent this info in around 2 weeks ago :P can’t wait to see the final cut :)

5. flmatthew
    flmatthew
    May 13, 2009 at 11:25 pm |

I just love this stuff but it is a bit pricey for old episodic TV. What happens is everyone try’s to make an extra buck on the old good stuff. How about the new Gate movies we were supposed to get?

6. Craig MacD.
    Craig MacD.
    May 13, 2009 at 11:27 pm |

I thought that the Atlantis fans’ choice dvd was supposed to be 5 episodes? I vaguely remember voting for 5 eps, (Rising, Mckay and Mrs. Miller, First Strike, and Enemy at the Gates). Will still pick this up though as I’m interested in the “extended” editions of the episodes.

7. Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
    May 14, 2009 at 3:25 am |

hmmm finally

not crazy on the box art though

8. Atlantis Rocks
    Atlantis Rocks
    May 14, 2009 at 6:37 am |

Sorry, I might have missed something here the,
    BUT is the extended version Atlantis only on Blue- Ray??? coz if it is what about those of us that dont have blue ray thingy to play them on?????. So does anyone know if this will be on DVD and available to play in the UK????

Bit confused.

9. Alan
    Alan
    May 14, 2009 at 8:05 am |

Fantastic news and I’m really looking forward to this…but why haven’t you included the UK’s Region 2 release date of July 27th as listed by on-line retailer Play.com?

10. Orion2
    Orion2
    May 14, 2009 at 9:08 am |

@AtlantisRocks…
    Yes! Look it up on Play.com! Due for release 27th of July! :)

11. kazbaby
    kazbaby
    May 14, 2009 at 9:23 am |

I can’t wait to see the final cut of CoTG. *bounce*

12. atlantis4ever
    atlantis4ever
    May 14, 2009 at 9:53 am |

Not interested in SG-1 stuff, but I’m very looking forward to the SGA disc. I hope it comes with some SGA bonus material.

13. Hajhaabotbea
    Hajhaabotbea
    May 14, 2009 at 3:02 pm |

Stargate SG-1: Children of the Gods – Final Cut is a waste of time. He could have been doing something productive, instead he’s just censoring out things.

14. Hajhaabotbea
    Hajhaabotbea
    May 14, 2009 at 3:18 pm |

The cover art for Final Cut looks stupid too – with those Jaffa all standing together like that. It may say “Final Cut” but the final cut for me was the original, this is just like a remix to me.

15. Bapman
    Bapman
    May 14, 2009 at 10:00 pm |

Finally, they are taking chapter from Battlestar Galactica playbook.
    Personally, I’m glad. I think the DVD versions of ANY series should have the episodes in their UNCUT original intended order, not the 42 min length of the TVs.
    Saying the nude scene in the pilot didn’t fit would be an understatement.
    I’m glad they are getting rid of it, now I can watch it with others without feeling queasy. Like the scenes in Battlestar are fine, the tone of the show is like that but not SG.
    The episodes I really want to see them release as movies with extended vfx and footage would be.

1) Children of the Gods
    2) Lost City
    3) New Order
    4) Reckoning & Threads connected as one.

From SGA
    1) Rising
    2) The SIEGE
    3) Allies and No Man’s Land
    4) Enemy At the Gates… a finale should be a 2 parter epicness not this 1 episode quick cut.

Lastly, they should just release a final SG-1 and SGA collection… incorporating extended cut of whichever episodes have deleted footage and join up the 2 parter episodes as one so they feel like movies instead of 1 episode cut in half.

But, these are just my opinion. I’ve already editing all the 2 parter SGA eps together for my own viewing pleasure.

16. Atlantis Rocks
    Atlantis Rocks
    May 15, 2009 at 4:18 pm |

@Orion2

Thanks

17. Ryster
    Ryster
    May 15, 2009 at 5:41 pm |

If they’ve essentially re-mastered Children of the Gods from the original footage and created new FX and Music, then why on God’s earth have they not made a Blu-Ray version? It’s my understanding that film has a much higher resolution than 1080p and usually its the costly high-def CGI stuff that holds production back from Blu-Ray. As they have taken new cuts and re-done the effects, it seems like a no-brainer that Blu-Ray would be the ideal home for the new cut. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

18. douglasn7
    douglasn7
    May 16, 2009 at 5:56 am |

Finally! I’ve really wanted to get some mates into SG-1 but really didn’t want to give them the pilot with the nude scene. It made the complete collection an 18s for that one scene. A Region 2 UK release would be great please!

19. Ryster
    Ryster
    May 16, 2009 at 9:13 am |

Douglasn7, you did read the entire article didn’t you? It clearly says a UK release is coming. “UPDATE: The movie arrives in the U.K. (Region 2) on July 27, according to Play.com.”

20. universacred
    universacred
    May 16, 2009 at 8:30 pm |

Wow. Cover art is F EPIC!

21. kzap333
    kzap333
    May 18, 2009 at 8:09 am |

Not hugely impressed by the cover, I didn’t really like that arc of truth one either, the box sets have good simple cover art but it’s something about the font on this and the arc of truth DVD I just don’t get.
    It doesn’t matter, I’m sure the content is great.

22. Nikst
    Nikst
    May 18, 2009 at 9:46 am |

I completely agree with you RYSTER, why the H*** aren’t they releasing a blu-ray version?! Doesn’t make any sense. That’s the reason I am uncertain if I am going to get the Children of God DVD, because I don’t want to buy it and then a year later have the Blu-Ray version show up on the market. The difference between blu-ray and DVD is like night and day. Would definitely buy all SG1 and Atlantis seasons if the came out on blu-ray.

23. Bapman
    Bapman
    May 22, 2009 at 11:56 pm |

Same here… I’d love the entire STARGATE and BATTLESTAR in BLU-RAY.
    Sighhh… now if they would only release BABYLON 5 with updated VFX for BLU-RAY and the FARSCAPE !!!
    These 4 are easily the 4 best sc-fi TV shows.