1. HaxMii
    HaxMii
    July 23, 2009 at 12:16 am |

I want to see a picture of the whole thing from several different angles and not in hyperdrive. Give us more! I love the spoilers and can’t wait for October 2nd.

2. crighton
    crighton
    July 23, 2009 at 1:08 am |

Holey moley,never though it would look like that, gonna take ALOT of getting used to. Hope the ship looks a little better from a full pov!!!!!

3. Trak90
    Trak90
    July 23, 2009 at 1:24 am |

i cant wait to see this video!

4. o6untouchable
    o6untouchable
    July 23, 2009 at 1:38 am |

It looks vaguely Wraithy – with those concave sides, it looks like it could potentially be the design influence for a Wraith Cruiser, or something.

5. dielikethis921
    dielikethis921
    July 23, 2009 at 2:03 am |

I really like the idea of the observation deck for some reason. It could make some really beautiful and stunning shots of space.

6. Aaron Meehan
    July 23, 2009 at 8:42 am |

nice info. Will you be showing the the video footage here?

7. moiety
    moiety
    July 23, 2009 at 8:54 am |

Guys, THE SHIP IS A CHEVRON! It’s exactly the shape of the chevrons on the Destiny’s stargate. The weird shape is not a coincidence. :)

8. AmazingSpdy
    AmazingSpdy
    July 23, 2009 at 11:29 am |

Moiety, that is an excellent catch.

9. Orion Coran
    Orion Coran
    July 23, 2009 at 12:19 pm |

OMG! :D

That…ship…is…AWESOME!

That ship is definitely gonna be remembered/iconic in the science fiction world. It is very distinct from any ship I have seen. I don’t know if others have seen something like this…but I haven’t.

Simply amazing!

10. Orion Coran
    Orion Coran
    July 23, 2009 at 12:24 pm |

You know…I just thought about it. It has that mysterious nature and look that Farscape had, or more specifically, Moya (the Leviathan ship.) I really like that! :D

11. Orisai
    Orisai
    July 23, 2009 at 5:42 pm |

Its just me, or the Destiny looks like the Alteran ship seen in Ark of Truth that first took off from their original homeworld after the Alteran-Ori war aoens ago.

12. knowles2
    knowles2
    July 23, 2009 at 6:58 pm |

That ship is beautiful, simple and elegent design. I want one.
    And it looks gigantic to.

13. Horcrux
    Horcrux
    July 23, 2009 at 9:35 pm |

I never imagined the ship to look like this. I like it, it has a elegant design and it looks masive.

Most likely its traveling through hyperspace, wormhole drive was not invented until Atlantis.A very nice suprise, looking forward to Oct 2nd.

14. Orisai
    Orisai
    July 24, 2009 at 2:52 pm |

Also, the Destiny stargate looks like the one sketched in Amelius (the Alteran guy who created the Stargates) notebook.

15. Misacek01
    Misacek01
    July 29, 2009 at 5:34 pm |

That seems a bit hard to tell, the sketch is, well, sketchy. Looks more like the Milky Way gate to me (besides, in the real world, no one was even sure there will be an SGU at the time the Ark of Truth was shot). And yeah, the ship is the general shape of a gate chevron. I wonder which inspired which, really, and if it was such a popular design element, where it came from, originally? Wonder if we get to know more about it in SGU.
    As to similar-looking vessels, yeah, Moya is a good call, but a few others come to mind too: Cardassian Galor, Star Trek DS9; Thor’s Chariot (Beliskner), SG-1; Vorlon Thirdspace gate, Babylon 5; most Klingon vessels from Star Trek, especially the Vor’cha class. I suppose there would be others if one tried hard. On the other hand, within the SG universe this is pretty original. As to the ship’s mode of faster-than-light travel, it seems different from hyperspace as previously seen on Stargate. Either the CGI (which was somewhat cheesy and stock in the older series) has been redone, or this thing utilizes something else.