1. syfygyrl
    syfygyrl
    May 25, 2010 at 11:24 am |

Oh, how exciting! I’ve been waiting for you guys to interview Elyse forever; I’ve been really curious about her character & this interview is both informative & fun.

2. Stormin
    Stormin
    May 25, 2010 at 12:22 pm |

I remain very skeptical about this character. For now all she really has done is warm the bed of Lieutenant Scott. Having this rich girl take a leadership role will really take a wide stroke of the writer’s pen. But from what we have seen with this show’s writing, anything silly is possible. Not a bad actress, just a weak role.

3. Eli Rush
    Eli Rush
    May 25, 2010 at 2:08 pm |

Sadly, her character is the only one i don’t care for in SGU.I’ve finally grown on these characters, but as for Chloe, i wish they’d axe her from the show.

4. Egle01
    Egle01
    May 25, 2010 at 2:56 pm |

Ooh, now I want to know what’s going to happen to Chloe in S2. :D

Great interview.

5. Pioneering
    May 26, 2010 at 6:40 am |

It’s great to see how even the actors are impressed and surprised by the writing. Now the time has (finally) come for old fans of Stargate to help make the new members of the Stargate family (the actors) feel welcome. And also, to cut the writers a little slack.
    I’m looking forward to the Season 1 finale and to Season 2.

6. Gaeth
    Gaeth
    May 26, 2010 at 9:17 am |

@Stormin. That isn’t all she’s done. Unless you’ve skipped several episodes, you know that already.

7. Eternal Density
    Eternal Density
    May 26, 2010 at 10:45 pm |

Seriously fun interview :D Thanks!

8. Stormin
    Stormin
    May 27, 2010 at 2:06 pm |

Gaeth, like what? Read the symbols in the tunnels? Big whop! Her character is weak. Contrast the number of times she does something useful to the number of times they show here in bed with Lt. Scott. Her character is dull and uninteresting, but not to Lt. Scott, obviously.

9. Paradox
    Paradox
    May 27, 2010 at 10:35 pm |

I kinda wish she’d break it off with Scott and get with Eli, it’s annoying that the hot girl goes for the typical hero guy. At least Scott isn’t really a *bad* guy, but so far it seems that their relationship is purely sexual.

10. zenofstars
    zenofstars
    May 28, 2010 at 10:40 pm |

I don’t like Scott/Chloe like everybody else – just because it feels like “they are the lookers, its obvious!”. But I don’t like it ten times more to bring Eli/Chloe together. It’s just not believable, and its even an insult that Eli is that shallow. Yes, they will try to “brain up” Chloe in S2 obviously ;) But I would rather see Eli hook up with one of the other “normal people” crowd. Even if the woman is years older it would have a better feel to it. “Waste the nerd”-plots are really worn out, it’s not even Scifi anymore ;)

11. Synergi
    Synergi
    May 29, 2010 at 10:30 am |

Stormin I think you’ve summed up how I feel about almost all the characters. I do like Rush, and Eli is ok.

I don’t know, I’d like to see a Stargate show about, I don’t know, the Stargate maybe?

12. EryasDax
    EryasDax
    June 2, 2010 at 1:05 pm |

I was trying to listen to this on iTunes. However, this interview is not listed. The last one available is David Blue’s “Just a Geek” from last October. Did anyone else have this problem?

13. Unreality
    Unreality
    June 6, 2010 at 12:28 am |

Stormin, Zenofstars and others, I’m glad I’m not the only fan that got disappointed that the cute girl Chloe went right to the arms of the hunk instead of the likable nerd. Eli is one of the few people in SGU who’s really a nice, relatable guy.

Besides, I never liked Matthew Scott. He’s empty, shallow and unlikeable. At first he bangs James, then goes for Chloe. The Lt. Buxom Brunette makes fun of Eli just for him being himself (and I think Eli has got more character than all the military personnel together), and Chloe.. we all know.

I haven’t thought about Zenofstars’ point. Really.. Eli should just forget about the shallow girl and remain a friend.. the writers could introduce someone much nicer than her, just for Eli.

14. slamaina
    May 1, 2011 at 5:21 pm |

Holy c**p, I just got my 5 seconds of fame and didn’t even know it until now. Elyse Levesque actually mention me in this interview. *bows & blushes* Mom will be so proud.

I am Slam :)