A massive, twice-in-a-lifetime auction (there’s another one coming in 2011) of authentic Stargate props, costumes, and production art is coming to Seattle this weekend (September 25 and 26).
The Experience Music Project Science Fiction Museum in Seattle, Washington will play host to Propworx’s auction of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis items, straight out of the warehouse at The Bridge Studios in Vancouver and dressed up for fans to proudly display.
We’ve been telling you about Propworx’s weekly ebay auctions throughout the year, thanks to GateWorld’s own David Read and his day job at Propworx. This weekend David is in Seattle to help conduct the auction of more than 800 unique lots. It’s impossible for us to list all the cool stuff here, but just a few of the major items for sale include:
- SG-1‘s second Stargate, used for location shooting
- The original schematics for building the Stargate
- Multiple segments of the one and only Atlantis gate
- Stained glass windows and Ancient text stairway panels from the Atlantis “Gaterium”
- Thor himself, the animatronic puppet, and also his command chair — er, supreme command chair
- The S.G.C. conference table
- The General’s office chair (used by Hammond, O’Neill, and Landry) and other furniture
- The Za’tarc detector from SG-1‘s “Divide and Conquer” (reused in “Allegiance”)
- The M.A.L.P.
- Daedalus-class ship’s pilot console, plus various computer consoles
- The Ark of Truth
- The Isis canopic jar from “The Curse”
- Teal’c’s “First Prime of Apophis” forehead tattoo
- Asgard stones and “Foothold” alien mimic devices
- Lots of Ancient tech, including the drone weapon, life-signs detector, and Zero Point Module (in the travel case)
- Jaffa costumes, Horus and Serpent Guard helmets, and staff weapons
- Plenty of other weapons, from Ronon’s gun and Wraith stunners to zats, T.E.R.s, A.R.G.s, and various knives and daggers
- Uniforms, BDUs, jackets, off-duty clothing, jewelry, watches, and sunglasses worn by the members of SG-1 and the Atlantis expedition
- Other alien costumes, including those belonging to Baal, Tomin, and Vala Mal Doran … and the super-soldier’s armor!
Fans and potential buyers can browse or download a PDF of the full-color catalog online at StargateArtifacts.com, and buy a printed copy of the catalog (pictured above) as a collector’s item in and of itself. The hardbound volume features more than 500 pages of color photos and product descriptions, plus exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes photos you won’t see online. That’s $45.00 with free shipping in the U.S.
And maybe the coolest part of the auction: If you aren’t attending, you’ll still be able to watch a live video stream of the event on Saturday and Sunday (9 a.m. to 6 p.m. PDT)!
Weekly ebay auctions resume October 3, leading up to the second live event early next year. Stick with GateWorld for the very latest, and tune in to the GateWorld Podcast to hear David’s reports about this historic Stargate event!