1. daxmaryrussel
    daxmaryrussel
    October 20, 2010 at 4:31 pm |

Just to let you know I’ve been using your show notes pages here and have clicked on a couple of the related links. Thought you’d be pleased to learn people do use the links :)

2. Chevron Atlantis
    Chevron Atlantis
    October 20, 2010 at 11:59 pm |

Darren, is it possible for you guys to discuss something about the ratings next week? Thanks again for the podcasts :)

3. David Read
    October 21, 2010 at 1:31 am |

I’m sure considering this is a record low it will be a part of the discussion.

4. Chevron Atlantis
    Chevron Atlantis
    October 21, 2010 at 6:27 pm |

Let’s see because 2 weeks ago it was also one of the lowest on record. I hope they do I’ll be interested to hear Darren’s opinion about it :)

5. psw
    psw
    October 22, 2010 at 12:35 pm |

@ Darren

I saw that you closed the comments in the ratings articles and then you wrote this:

“In the meantime, there is also an ongoing thread on GateWorld Forum for SGU Season Two ratings. The mods there just ask that you keep it civil, don’t get personal, and stay on topic:

I just wanted to point out, that it isn’t allowed to discuss the ratings in the ratings thread. You are only allowed to make ratings predictions there. Other comments are getting deleted and people who nevertheless discuss the ratings there, can be banned for awhile. So I really wonder, why you send people to this thread? Do you want, that they get banned?

6. Darren
    October 22, 2010 at 2:43 pm |

Ah, I see that one of our mods had reason to clamp down on discussion yesterday. The official word is that discussion can recommence after next Tuesday’s episode airs, and hopefully members who are posting there can keep the discussion civil, impersonal, and on-topic.

7. psw
    psw
    October 22, 2010 at 4:19 pm |

@ Darren

The mods didn’t have any good reason to clamp down on the discussion. What was going on in the thread was quite harmless and mostly on topic. The mods overreacted like usual.

8. Kelara
    Kelara
    October 22, 2010 at 5:19 pm |

It’s also redundant, getting directed from the news item for discussion and hitting another dead end with the forum thread (other than the obstacle of having people registered at the main site but not the forum, hence them having to go through newbie modding first). Could have posted “no ratings discussion till next episode” and be done with it. It’s your decision anyway.

9. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    October 22, 2010 at 8:58 pm |

Ack! The Ratings Thread(s) have always been my favorite – I’ve learned many things about the entertainment industry and how the “biz” works.
    Hope to see the discussions back again soon. :)

10. sgfan
    October 23, 2010 at 12:18 pm |

SGU pacing and plot developments are toooooo slllooooooowwww! Pick up the pace! I think the developments are all interesting but things just take too long to develop on this show.

11. Gaeth
    Gaeth
    October 23, 2010 at 6:37 pm |

@sgfan: No it isn’t. Even if that were true of the first half of season 1, it isn’t true of the second half & it *certainly* isn’t true of the new season.