1. hewittor
    hewittor
    April 6, 2011 at 4:59 pm |

1st…Damn I can’t wait…Hope this is good

2. Skiznot
    Skiznot
    April 6, 2011 at 5:16 pm |

Great casting visually here and a roll Jason is well suited for. I don’t seem to remember the character having many lines so he should be ok.

3. Duneknight
    Duneknight
    April 6, 2011 at 5:18 pm |

you are the sun of my life!

4. Browncoat1984
    Browncoat1984
    April 6, 2011 at 7:02 pm |

Really, REALLY excited about this series! I’ve been waiting for it since it was announced and I never read the books (on my list of books to read though). I’ve been dying for a serious fantasy series that does for fantasy what BSG did for SF and what The Walking Dead does for the zombie genre. I’m tired of the Legend of the Seeker/Hercules popcorn-style fantasy.

Happy for Momoa, he’s a fantastic actor who deserves to be known beyond Atlantis. Whenever they did a Ronon-centric episode he always blew it out of the water.

5. rac80
    rac80
    April 8, 2011 at 9:13 am |

I agree Borwncoat..Momoa always delivered when the show focused on Ronon. Skiznot- Jason Momoa is a fine actor and shame on you for trying to disparage that. (and the word is ROLE not roll!)
    I am not sure about Game of Thrones series(have read the books and the first one is great- but after that they are “meh”.) I am glad to see the people from SGA move on and have great sucess. :)

6. Gaeth
    Gaeth
    April 8, 2011 at 9:24 pm |

Awesome! I can’t wait to see it.

@Browncoat1984: I hope it *doesn’t* do for fantasy what BSG did for sci-fi because BSG was awful. Just out & out awful, not just as sci-fi but bad as anything I’ve ever seen on TV. Popular, sure, but seriously terrible. Unlike BSG this show actually looks good. So don’t jinx it for me & say it’ll be like BSG in anyway when it doesn’t.

Now that that’s out of the way, I’m glad Jason Momoa is still on screen, especially on something that looks so awesome. I’ve always thought he was a good actor.

7. Jim
    Jim
    April 11, 2011 at 11:46 pm |

@Browncoat1984 I absolutely agree with you,including the awesomeness that was BSG and the genious,feature film quality of The Walking Dead,with a better characterisation than any feature could ever achieve,for obvious reasons..duration.I also share the same hope concerning fantasy genre,cause this looks LOTR quality and I definitely believe it’ll put Hercules/Xena hollywood BS to rest! Can’t wait!!!