‘To hell with us …’
This month the Stargate Rewatch has reached one of our favorite seasons from the 17-year history of Stargate on television: SG-1 Season Three! From Hathor to Sokar, from Urgo to Replicators — this season has it all. As you plug away on your DVDs, digital downloads, or online streaming of Stargate, here’s an intro to the season of the month, and links to all the Season Three goodness we have scattered around GateWorld.
We want to hear from you! If you are blogging about your Rewatch, writing new fanfic, creating artwork, or doing something else related to SG-1 Season Three, e-mail us a brief description and a link. We’ll feature some of the best from the Stargate community later this month.
Learn more about the Stargate Rewatch and how you can participate. It’s not too late to catch up!
Season Three of Stargate SG-1 first aired on Showtime in the U.S. in 1999 and 2000. Earth had made new friends and allies in the Asgard and the Tok’ra, and witnessed the downfall of the powerful Goa’uld System Lord Apophis. Those alliances would prove vital to Earth’s survival, as well as the recovery of Sam’s dad. Sokar steps forward to fill in the power vacuum and try to take over the galaxy, Jack gets stranded on another world, and the fates of both Daniel’s wife and her brother — taken as Goa’uld hosts in the show’s pilot episode — would be decided.
Things to watch for this season:
- Jack begins a special relationship with a little gray friend.
- General Hammond takes a rare trip off-world.
- A boy who shares a name with Vala Mal Doran’s future husband.
- “If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.”
- A guest appearance by Laura Mennell, who now stars on Syfy’s Alphas
- The very first appearance of a Goa’uld cargo ship (or Tel’tak)
- “Row, Row, Row Your Boat” sung in rounds
- What the heck does ‘kree’ mean?
- Sam takes a play from Sokar’s playbook
- “All debts have now been paid.” … Now where have we heard that before?
- Forum: Official discussion threads for every episode! (The main thread for the Rewatch project is here.)
- Podcast: Darren and David discuss all of Season Three. (If this is your first time watching, beware of thorough spoilers!)
- Episode Guide: Our handy guide to every episode of Season Three
- Gallery: Production photos
- Gallery: Thousands of high-quality screen captures
Where to Watch?
- Amazon: Buy Season Three on DVD (and support GateWorld)!
- Amazon: Download Season Three episodes
- iTunes: Download Season Three episodes
- Netflix: Online viewing for $7.99 per month
We’re taking your nominations for the following categories for the SG-1 Season Three Awards. Use this forum thread if you want your nominations to count. One nomination for each category per person, please. (All nominations must be from Season Three and Season Three only!)
- Best Episode (Season Three)
- Best Jack Moment
- Best Daniel Moment
- Best Sam Moment
- Best Teal’c Moment
- Best Hammond Moment
- Best Team Moment
- Best Alien Race
- Best Goa’uld Villain (NEW CATEGORY!)
- Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
Those “moments” can be a single moment, a line of dialogue, a scene, or even a full episode’s storyline.
Remember: The point of the Rewatch is not just to watch everything again, but to watch it together as a fan community! So post your thoughts on your blog, on Twitter (hastag: #SGRewatch), Facebook, or over at GateWorld Forum. Write a new piece of fanfic to go along with what you’re watching, create a new piece of art, chat it up on your podcast — whatever your creative outlet is! Be sure to post a link so we can see it and share it with other Stargate fans.
Come back in two weeks to cast your ballot for the Season Three Awards!