‘Oh, he has a name …. the likes of you are simply forbidden to know it.’
Happy December, Stargate Rewatchers! This week we begin Stargate SG-1 Season Five, a pivotal year that concluded the series’ Showtime run and introduced the galaxy’s greatest Goa’uld threat ever. SG-1 also said goodbye to one of its own.
Here’s your intro to Season Five and links to everything related here on GateWorld!
We want to hear from you! If you are blogging about your Rewatch, writing new fanfic, creating artwork, or doing something else related to SG-1 Season Five, e-mail us a brief description and a link.
Learn more about the Stargate Rewatch and how you can participate.
Stargate SG-1 Season Five aired on Showtime in the U.S. from 2001 to 2002. Apophis has been defeated once again, leaving his armies scattered and the System Lords positioning themselves to fill the power void. One Goa’uld in particular shows himself as inexplicably powerful, knocking down Earth’s allies and settling his sights on us, as well. Though his identity remained a mystery for much of the season, it would finally be revealed: Anubis!
Things to watch for this season:
- Bigger bugs!
- “You’re going to need a new toaster.”
- Actually, it doesn’t say “Colonel” on his uniform.
- The very first appearance of Lord Baal
- Vaccine Causes ______
- The sound of rain. And marching.
- The passing of Omac
- A 30,000-year-old Asgard
- Teal’c’s big revelation about his god
- “Am I having a stroke …?”
- Poor Siler. “Shake it off, Sparky.”
- The death of a hero
- Forum: Official discussion threads for every episode! (The main thread for the Rewatch project is here.)
- Podcast: Darren and David discuss all of Season Five. (If this is your first time watching, beware of thorough spoilers!)
- Episode Guide: Our handy guide to every episode of Season Three
- Gallery: Production photos
- Gallery: Thousands of high-quality screen captures
Where to Watch?
- Amazon: Buy Season Five on DVD (and support GateWorld)!
- Amazon: Download Season Five episodes
- iTunes: Download Season Five episodes
- Netflix: Online viewing for $7.99 per month
We’re taking your nominations for the following categories for the SG-1 Season Five Awards. Use this forum thread if you want your nominations to count. One nomination for each category per person, please. (All nominations must be from Season Five and Season Five only!)
- Best Episode (Season Five)
- Best Jack Moment
- Best Daniel Moment
- Best Sam Moment
- Best Teal’c Moment
- Best Hammond Moment
- Best Team Moment
- Best Alien Race
- Best Goa’uld Villain
- Coolest Technology
- Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
Those “moments” can be a single moment, a line of dialogue, a scene, or even a full episode’s storyline.
Remember: The point of the Rewatch is not just to watch everything again, but to watch it together as a fan community! So post your thoughts on your blog, on Twitter (hastag: #SGRewatch), Facebook, or over at GateWorld Forum. Write a new piece of fanfic to go along with what you’re watching, create a new piece of art, chat it up on your podcast — whatever your creative outlet is! Be sure to post a link so we can see it and share it with other Stargate fans.
Come back in two weeks to cast your ballot for the Season Five Awards!