‘This single blade did what we could not: it has brought us together.’
It’s 2012, and that means there are still 12 months of fantastic Stargate episodes ahead for the Stargate Rewatchers! Rewatchers are enjoying Stargate SG-1 Season Six all through the month of January. Here’s your intro to SG-1‘s sixth year and links to everything related here on GateWorld.
We want to hear from you! If you are blogging about your Rewatch, writing new fanfic, creating artwork, or doing something else related to SG-1 Season Six, e-mail us a brief description and a link.
Learn more about the Stargate Rewatch and how you can participate in the new year!
Big changes were in store for Stargate SG-1 when it began Season Six. The series had been dropped by Showtime after five years, and picked up by SCI FI Channel for what many thought would be one last year. But being basic cable, SCI FI introduced the show to a legion of new viewers and it took off — along with the first time repeats of past seasons had been seen on the network. Season Six aired from 2002 to 2003, and it would be far from the end of the team’s adventures.
With the departure of Michael Shanks the show welcomed a new regular cast member: Corin Nemec joined SG-1 as Jonas Quinn, a bright and eager young Kelownan who played a role in his predecessor’s demise but is now trying to make up for his mistake. Meanwhile, Anubis is on the march, using his insights into the Ancients to conquer the galaxy. Earth takes a big step forward by launching its first space vessel, Prometheus … and the Replicators become a bigger threat than ever before.
Things to watch for this season:
- The career Rodney McKay really wanted
- Ninja Jaffa!
- The end of Earth’s very first ally in the galaxy
- “Supreme Commander …”
- Bra’tac is believed to be dead
- The destruction of the S.G.C.’s Stargate
- The first mention of the “lost city”
- Jack O’Neill wants to die … one last time
- Those “Foothold” mimic devices come in handy
- Nirrti’s last (manipulative, psychopathic) stand
- A lost Tok’ra found again
- A rare mention … “Furlings” …
- Forum: Official discussion threads for every episode! (The main thread for the Rewatch project is here.)
- Podcast: Darren and David discuss all of Season Six. (If this is your first time watching, beware of thorough spoilers!)
- Episode Guide: Our handy guide to every episode of Season Three
- Gallery: Production photos
- Gallery: Thousands of high-quality screen captures
Where to Watch?
- Amazon: Buy Season Six on DVD (and support GateWorld)!
- Amazon: Download Season Six episodes
- iTunes: Download Season Six episodes
- Netflix: Online viewing for $7.99 per month
We’re taking your nominations for the following categories for the SG-1 Season Six Awards. Use this forum thread if you want your nominations to count. One nomination for each category per person, please. (All nominations must be from Season Six and Season Six only!)
- Best Episode (Season Six)
- Best Jack Moment
- Best Daniel Moment
- Best Sam Moment
- Best Teal’c Moment
- Best Jonas Moment (NEW!)
- Best Hammond Moment
- Best Team Moment
- Best Alien Race
- Best Goa’uld Villain
- Coolest Technology
- Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
Those “moments” can be a single moment, a line of dialogue, a scene, or even a full episode’s storyline.
Remember: The point of the Rewatch is not just to watch everything again, but to watch it together as a fan community! So post your thoughts on your blog, on Twitter (hastag: #SGRewatch), Facebook, or over at GateWorld Forum. Write a new piece of fanfic to go along with what you’re watching, create a new piece of art, chat it up on your podcast — whatever your creative outlet is! Be sure to post a link so we can see it and share it with other Stargate fans.
Come back in two weeks to cast your ballot for the Season Six Awards!