1. miketen
    miketen
    May 26, 2013 at 3:53 pm |

Now all Mr. Picardo needs to do is get a part in one of the Star Wars movies and he will have every major sci-fi franchise covered.

2. majorsal
    majorsal
    May 26, 2013 at 8:27 pm |

nice interview of a nice guy. :)

3. worgel
    worgel
    May 26, 2013 at 8:44 pm |

A class act that Mr. Picardo.

I don’t leave comments very often but can I just say that after witnessing JJ have another movement on the big big Imax screen this past week, I had to go and do a Stargate marathon to remind myself what good sci-fi enterainment is supposed to be.

Also, I really really miss SGU!

4. Dawesstategate
    Dawesstategate
    May 27, 2013 at 11:57 am |

Picard is always great and like the others I to miss SGU.

5. Pioneering
    May 27, 2013 at 5:46 pm |

Robert Picardo is a great actor, singer, and all-around nice guy. He takes his profession seriously and has fun at the same time. And, most importantly, he’s from Philadelphia, my hometown! So what’s not to like? :-)

6. Tripgate
    Tripgate
    May 28, 2013 at 1:11 am |

I agree with those above, this entire interview shows what a class-act Robert Picardo is. Have always enjoyed his roles as The Doctor and Woolsey since ’95!

Keep it up sir!

7. KWLorne
    KWLorne
    May 28, 2013 at 3:00 pm |

I just adore Robert Picardo; I’ve followed him since Voyager and I think that his development as the Woolsey characted in the Stargate universe has been awesome! I am as sad as everyone else we only got to see Woolsey command Atlantis for one year, but it was a great year, and RP is a class act and such a wonderful addition to the SG family…I’ve lurked Gateworld for 13 years(-ish), and I took the time to create a log in just to post a comment on this interview. Thanks for bringing this to us:)

8. Darren
    May 28, 2013 at 11:22 pm |

Thanks so much, KW! Glad that this interview finally drew you out of lurkerdom. Thanks for posting.

As I was prepping this interview I was regretting the fact that we only had Woolsey in charge of Atlantis for one season, and wondering what a second or third year of his command might have looked like.

9. bluewater1
    bluewater1
    May 31, 2013 at 9:12 am |

His evolution was the largest metamorphosis of a character that I’ve seen in a series. There was still a lot of room left in his development. He might be the most entertaining character dreamed up in the entire franchise. He had the ability to provide a serious foil to the other players or even to provide a comic foil with the character’s eccentricities. It’s no wonder that he enjoyed this gig.

10. Dawesstategate
    Dawesstategate
    July 22, 2013 at 5:23 am |

He is a really great actor.