EDITOR’S NOTE: The deadline has passed to enter and the forum thread has now closed. If you entered, watch your inbox in the forum for the potential message that you have won. Once messaged, the winner has 48 hours to claim their prize. If the winner does not claim the prize during that time, another winner will be selected.
The 2014 event was dubbed “The Final Journey”. But after an outpouring of support from fans and attendees, Creation Entertainment listened and this year’s convention was announced. Will 2015 be the final year of Stargate for the convention company? It is possible, and it makes this convention all the more important (and bittersweet) to be at. Now entering its twelfth consecutive year, Creation Entertainment‘s Official Stargate Convention will visit the Chicago area in mid-August. Taking place at the Westin O’Hare, the event will run from August 14 to Ausust 16, and promises a very full three days of Stargate celebrities and !
Allowing for the possibility that this year’s event could be the final convention Creation Entertainment puts together, a mix of guests from the casts of all three live-action Stargate series have been assembled. As of this writing, a whopping 15 guests are scheduled to appear. Thus far, they include:
- From Stargate SG-1: Amanda Tapping (“Samantha Carter”) returns to the Creation stages to co-headline the SG-1 portion of the con, and is also bringing Michael Shanks (“Daniel Jackson”) with her. Others from the series making an appearance include Ben Browder (“Cameron Mitchell” and Farscape‘s “John Crichton”), Gary Jones (“Walter Harriman”), Suanne Braun (“Hathor”), Peter Williams (“Apophis”), Dan Payne and Alex Zahara (the latter two having several different roles over the series’ run).
- From Stargate Atlantis: Joe Flanigan (“Col. John Sheppard”), a perennial favorite, anchors the Atlantis cast members attending. Others scheduled to appear from the Pegasus Galaxy include Chuck Campbell (“Chuck” the technician), first-time Stargate convention attendee Sharon Taylor (technician “Amelia Banks”), fan-favorite Andee Frizzell (“Wraith Queen”) and — for the first time on a Creation stage in America after only ever appearing at the now-defunct Vancouver edition — Rainbow Sun Francks (“Lt. Aiden Ford”), whose appearance will likely finish off many fans’ Atlantis autograph and photo collections.
- From Stargate Universe: Both newcomers to the Chicago convention stage, the 2015 event includes David Blue (“Eli Wallace”) and Peter Kelamis (“Adam Brody”)
With this event potentially being the final one Creation Entertainment puts together, ticket demand has been high and the highest level “Gold” passes have sold out completely. However, through the generosity of Creation, GateWorld has snagged and is giving away a pair of Gold Weekend Passes to the event.
These two Gold Weekend Passes are valued at approximately $840, and will provide the winner and their guest with:
- Reserved seating for all three days of the event
- Complimentary entrance to the Friday night Celebrity Cabaret
- Complimentary entrance to the Friday night Karaoke Party
- In-person complimentary autographs from many of the stars attending including Tapping, Shanks, Flanigan and more!
GateWorld’s editorial staff will be there — would you like to be there, too? Then simply head over to the contest thread in the and answer this question: “What is your favorite Stargate alien race, and why?” Register first if you’re not a of the forum yet. It’s quick, and it’s free! (Remember that if you already have a GateWorld account for commenting here on news stories, you still need a separate account on GateWorld Forum to post over there.)
We’ll randomly choose a winner in just seven days, on Sunday, June 14, 2015 — and they will be notified via the forum. You must be 18 years or older to enter, and only one entry per person, please. Duplicate entries will result in disqualification.
IMPORTANT: This contest provides the winner and guest with tickets to the convention only. The winner and guest are responsible for all other issues involving con attendance. Airfare (or other travel expenses), hotel accommodations and other incidentals are not included.