First Aired: October 5, 2007
Colonel Sheppard and his team embark on a risky mission to steal a Z.P.M. power module from the Replicators — but must rely on a compromised Dr. Weir to succeed.
- This is the final episode for Dr. Elizabeth Weir … though former Atlantis co-star Torri Higginson would be back for two more episodes at mid-season. It would later be revealed that that Weir is a duplicate, created by the Replicators after she was captured at the end of “Lifeline.”
- The city of Atlantis arrives on the surface of its new home — another world mostly covered by water. The planet was off the grid and allowed the city to be hidden from the Wraith (as well as the Replicators) once again. (With both enemies now in the mix for the fourth season, it was important from a writer’s standpoint not to have our heroes be easy for anyone to find.)
- Rodney McKay proves that it’s mind over machine when he figures out how to rewrite the Replicators’ base code, setting up Atlantis‘s main storyline for the first half of Season Four: the Wraith and the Replicators are going to war with each other.
“Lifeline” on GateWorld:
- Episode Guide
- Episode Transcript
- Fan Reviews
- Photo Gallery
- Screencap Gallery
- Discussion Forum
- Atlantis Season Four Podcast
- Interview with Torri Higginson (2007)
- Interview with David Hewlett (2007)
- Interview with writer Martin Gero (2007)
- Interview with producers Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie (2007)
Rewatch “Lifeline” this week! Then post your comments below, or head over to the episode discussion forum and see what people were saying back in the day. What are your favorite moments?
Each week we’re highlighting a favorite episode from Stargate’s 17 seasons. Watch the episode with us this week and join in the fun!