Newest Most Voted
Adam
Adam
1 year ago

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Atlantis seasons 4 and 5 were by far the show’s worst. Cast changes, a new darker direction, pointless storylines, the Wraith being reduced to the level of pantomime villains. Let’s not even think about the “that would NEVER happen” romance between McKay and the blonde doctor (because why have funny, honest, heroic Ronan when you can have “nice guy” McKay, the whiny, nasty, sarcastic coward?). McKay became almost unbearable and the storylines just got stupid. All the good things about seasons 1 to 3 were ejected.

Jim
Jim
Reply to  Adam

I thought the later seasons were better than the first few. I liked all the seasons but I thought the first 2 were the least entertaining.

It was the same thing with SG-1. SG-1 got better with each season up until season 8. Season 9 and 10 went down hill mainly because Jack left and Vala sucked.

Rivka
Rivka
Reply to  Adam

Happens with so many good shows.

Nekomajin
Reply to  Adam

Let’s just say it’s your opinion. Don’t act as it would be the consensus of the fandom.

JackO'Neill
Jack
Reply to  Adam

I really disagree Stargate Atlantis was evolving in a really nice way. I think it was at its peak during season 5 and I was so excited for a season 6.

ciprian
ciprian
Reply to  Adam

Contrary, I strongly believe that the last seasons 4 & 5 was the best of sGA !

Tillsy
Tillsy
Reply to  Adam

On the contrary seasons 4 and 5 introduced an immense wealth of material, the number of interesting storylines that were opened up were some of the most exciting for Stargate overall. In particular to take our biggest and most powerful ally the Asguard and having an evil version of them was so darned exciting and scary – seasons worth of storyline there alone. Those Borg type creates, the replicators, the Travellers, the Genni treaty, the working relationship with the Wraith Todd, not to mention we still had a whole CITY to explore… it really made the Wraith themselves quite irrelevant… Read more »

Patrick
Patrick

(Thank you!)

Austin Harper
Austin Harper
1 year ago

I really wish they would just publish the whole screenplay online, even if it was only behind the paywall on Stargate Command

Rivka
Rivka
Reply to  Austin Harper

Agreed.

Heightmeyer's Lemming
Reply to  Austin Harper

Why do you want to deny fans from 189 countries the chance of reading these pages? You do realize that paywall is only open to 6 countries, right?

Some fan you are, denying the entire community access. You fit right in with the MGM/Command lot.

Rivka
Rivka
1 year ago

Sure wish the movie had been made.

Zaid
1 year ago

I don’t like the reason for Atlantis having to return. Self destruct because it’s out of Pegasus is a lazy reason. Give us something better….
Like an imminent Wraith or Pegasus Asgard attack threat, and a need to return with force to wipe out the threat, and free all the humans in Pegasus stuck in this cycle of being fed upon / destroyed

Steve Azzar
Steve Azzar
1 year ago

Like all other Studios MGM have a duty of care when they AXE a show without an conclusion is to provide fans with a story conclusion and ending in a form of a tv series or movie.

Mollymouse
Reply to  Steve Azzar

Yes, they have a duty, but in countless series that I’ve invested in in the passed decade or so, they haven’t finished them, they haven’t given “reveals” so you understand what had happened, or they give a “lazy” reason. So, you and I may think they have a duty, but they don’t. Sadly!

Heightmeyer's Lemming

I think they should just novelize the script, like Sally Malcolm wrote the novelization of Rising, so everyone has a chance to buy the novel (digital or paperback, or audio if you’re into that sort of thing), and read it at their own leisure.

Mollymouse
1 year ago

My question is even more basic: why is he “revealing” these pages?

Sven
Sven
9 months ago
Reply to  Mollymouse

Because he’s sad it wasn’t made

Liz
Liz
1 year ago

There’s the comics too following the script or continuing things on at least.