1. Alan
    Alan
    March 17, 2009 at 10:58 pm |

This sounds fantastic! Great idea for an episode! Love it!
    And the possibility of Jack O’Neill being back…wonderful! Always a pleasure to see Richard Dean Anderson in “Stargate”! :)

2. universacred
    universacred
    March 18, 2009 at 1:06 am |

Hope there will be better camerawork and soundtrack (mr Goldsmith, pleeease).

3. alteran1
    alteran1
    March 18, 2009 at 2:55 am |

Glad to hear SGU will be more closely intertwined with SG-1 and SGA than I previously read. I didn’t want something completely separate and on its own.

4. eratomene
    eratomene
    March 18, 2009 at 9:28 am |

“Earth” brings some members of the new crew of the Destiny back home — or at least their consciences.

Methinks you mean consciousnesses. Not the same thing.

5. macgyver
    macgyver
    March 18, 2009 at 4:56 pm |

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m starting to get pretty excited about SGU.

6. Alan
    Alan
    March 18, 2009 at 6:30 pm |

I’ve been excited about “Stargate: Universe” since Day 1 macgyver. If it’s “Stargate” related then it’ll draw me in like a magnet. :)
    Every little nugget of info that seeps through builds my excitement even more. :)

7. ulkesh47
    ulkesh47
    March 18, 2009 at 6:52 pm |

If that is indeed RDA, then I’m officially excited.

8. Orion Coran
    Orion Coran
    March 18, 2009 at 7:24 pm |

@eratomene

They were right. It is ‘conscience’, not ‘conscious’. Conscious is when you are awake or aware.

Conscience is what they are talking about.

9. SamJackShipper93
    SamJackShipper93
    March 18, 2009 at 9:30 pm |

*chants* RDA! RDA! RDA! Oh, yeah, I’m excited! I really really REALLY hope that Rick’s gonna guest star, that would be sooooo great! ~Jess :)

10. Danybrean
    March 18, 2009 at 10:17 pm |

Orion Coran is correct.

They are not physically going back to earth so their consciousness does not come into question.

Their conscience is what will be swapped out in a human body back on Earth.

11. PG15
    PG15
    March 18, 2009 at 10:23 pm |

No, it’s “consciousness”; as in, their minds, their souls, their thoughts, etc. etc; just like how Danny and Vala’s consciousnesses were sent to the Ori galaxy in Avalon. Conscious is an adjective; consciousness is a noun.

Conscience is that drive within you that tells you to do the right thing. Completely different.

12. Konrad
    Konrad
    March 19, 2009 at 1:31 am |

I bet the “O’Neill” guest star is actually Amanda Tapping.

13. MischievousMidget
    MischievousMidget
    March 19, 2009 at 1:41 am |

You mean as in Samantha Carter O’Neill, instead of Jack O’Neill. No No No. If they do something like that, then it’d be so lame. They should save it for the SG1 movies instead. Don’t just introduce her all of a sudden in SGU as Samantha O’Neill. It’s only fair that they keep something like that on the original SG1 side … not as a 2 second mention on SGU intro.

14. Egle01
    Egle01
    March 19, 2009 at 5:14 am |

Fingers crossed that the O’Neill is Jack! It’d make sense if they’re gonna be in Washington and all.

And I agree with MischievousMidget – Sam/Jack confirmation should be dealt with in SG-1, not in any other SG series.

Of course seeing picture of Sam in Jack’s office would be a nice touch, just like Sam had a picture of Jack with her in Atlantis. But a real and solid confirmation – in SG-1, please.

15. retiredat44
    retiredat44
    March 19, 2009 at 9:42 am |

sounds really fun! I can’t wait for the new series… The imgination of the writers will not let us down, and it wil be high quality stories and more than we can hope for… very optimistic here!

16. smithcentral
    smithcentral
    March 19, 2009 at 4:31 pm |

That picture of Jack in Atlantis rings a bell. Anyone remember the episode?

Looking forward to SGU, and I agree that Jack/Sam needs to remain with SG-1. I was privileged to ask an audience question to RDA at GateCon, as to whether we would ever get closure with Jack and Sam. The audience cheered but he responded vaguely. I suppose it is more of a producer/writer question. One can always hope!

P.S. If we’re taking a vote, I cast mine for “consciousness.”

17. JinnySkeans
    JinnySkeans
    March 22, 2009 at 1:10 am |

consciousness i agree

18. Jazz
    Jazz
    March 27, 2009 at 5:36 am |

Yes I remember the picture in Atlantis from Jack. In Sam’s new office on Atlantis. Those are all little hints for something later I think. Anyway I’m sure that why they do it. Its great that Jack will be in an episode of SGU. Its fantastic, and I hope they will ask him for more.

19. stagatefanjose
    stagatefanjose
    March 31, 2009 at 6:59 pm |

It would be nice if it jack but i think that it might be Jack’s clone if anybody remember him I think he still has the last name O’Neil.