1. sgfan
    March 11, 2010 at 10:31 am |

Robert Carlyle is great as Rush, but whenever I look at him I still see him as that weasel father/zombie in 28 Days Later. Anyway, gratz to Mr. Carlyle on the directing gig.

2. Pioneering
    March 11, 2010 at 11:42 am |

I like Robert Carlyle’s portrayal as Rush as well. His character is not as squeaky clean as other starring roles on Stargate. Glad to see they agreed to have him direct. Most good actors want to take the helm every now and then.

3. Pioneering
    March 11, 2010 at 11:43 am |

P.S. I’ll always remember him as Begby (sp?) on “Trainspotting”.

4. Pioneering
    March 11, 2010 at 11:45 am |

P.P.S. Sorry, it’s “Begbie”.

5. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    March 11, 2010 at 11:54 am |

Good for him!
    (I wish they’d have let David Hewlett direct an ep of SGA, that would have been cool too)

6. sgfan
    March 11, 2010 at 12:24 pm |

David is currently knee deep directing something to do with evil snow monkeys in Bulgaria. <3 the dgeek.

7. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    March 11, 2010 at 12:40 pm |

@sgfan I have been following @dhewlett on Twitter as he talks about his snow monkey movie! That and A Dog’s Breakfast are why I think it would have been fun if they had gotten him to direct an ep of Atlantis. and yup, love that dgeek! :)
    He and Robert C seem to be facing similar conditions, someone tweeted from Vancouver abou the snow and sleet today.

8. universacred
    universacred
    March 11, 2010 at 3:01 pm |

If there is a reason for me to care about SGU – it’s Robert Carlyle for sure. Good to hear he’s directing a little bit .

9. Alan
    Alan
    March 11, 2010 at 3:09 pm |

Great news! Congrats Robert Carlyle!

10. prion
    prion
    March 11, 2010 at 8:11 pm |

Huh. Odd. I thought Mallozzi said something about non-Canadians not being allowed to direct… (this was a couple years ago).

If Carlyle’s directing, wonder where his character will be (comas are very popular for that) :)

11. ellievee
    ellievee
    March 12, 2010 at 8:21 am |

Robert Carlyle had his own theatre company post drama school and prior to entering television/movies. He did most of the directing.

12. daxmaryrussel
    daxmaryrussel
    March 12, 2010 at 1:19 pm |

@universacred – I agree Robert Carlyle is such a great actor. Would love his character to be nice, cuddly and lovable though – since he is so good portraying a baddie/complex character, it’s so easy not to like him in SGU. I’m like that…

13. Showfan
    Showfan
    March 12, 2010 at 9:06 pm |

@prion I remember Mallozzi saying that as well. Something about union regulations against hiring talent that wasn’t Canadian. Could be my faulty memory or more likely, they begged/worked out a deal as a gift to Carlyle to get him NOT to abandon a sinking (star)ship.