1. wganubis
    wganubis
    August 2, 2010 at 9:53 am |

Very cool to hear. My folks gave up on the show very quickly but after I told them it got better in the second half my father at least got more interested, this way now he can catch up. It would be cool if they made an arrangement like what the producers of Heroes have with Netflix in that the newest episode is put on the stream the very next day, though I havent seen any other shows do that yet.

2. darsfog
    darsfog
    August 2, 2010 at 10:13 am |

Actually Wganubis, There are shows that do that. I know a few of the NBC shows did like Heroes and i believe the office did too. Also a few of the Starz original programs did aired either at the same time, an hour after they did on starz, or the next day, like Spartacus and Crash. Which, on a side note, I hope they do that with the new Torchwood episodes.

But yeah, if they did that with SGU that would be awesome. However Syfy needs to due that with all three of their flagship titles. SGU, Eureka, and Warehouse13. It is pain having to wait a week to watch the episodes online, or even venture to a ‘shady’ site to watch them!

3. darsfog
    darsfog
    August 2, 2010 at 12:53 pm |

SGU 1.5 is now streaming on Netflix too!

4. AsFarAsLarry
    AsFarAsLarry
    August 2, 2010 at 2:32 pm |

Anyone else have problems with Netflix streaming quality looking all blocky? I have a nice 52″ Sony HDTV and the streaming stuff just looks awful to me. Not even as good as the upconverting that happens on my Cox cable box from 1080i to 1080p, let alone a Blu-ray. About the only thing useful to watch is a documentary, and even then, if there’s a lot of motion or action, it just starts all blurring together.

It can’t be the TV, because I can’t watch blu-rays just spotless (and I watch the blu-rays on my PS3, which is the same thing I use to stream Netflix).

Then there’s the whole lack of 5.1 or 7.1 sound in the streaming.

Am I just completely doing something wrong? :(

5. Kathar of the Hill People
    Kathar of the Hill People
    August 2, 2010 at 3:35 pm |

This made my week!
    I got into Stargate late and did not want to watch SGU until I was fully caught up with SGA. By the time I was caught up, SGU was halfway through season 1 and I could not find the first couple episodes streaming anywhere (only the past 5 where available). Also, I did not want to pay for half a season on DVD, so I was planning on watching SGU when they released the full season next year, but now I don’t have to wait!!! Hooray Netflix!
    If I like SGU, I will still probably by the full season when it is released.

6. daxmaryrussel
    daxmaryrussel
    August 2, 2010 at 7:45 pm |

People from Europe still need to use ‘shady’ sites, I presume… So tired of ‘not available from your location’… Strangely, never seen that when I’m going to a site to buy stuff… hmmm
    Cool if Gateworld could report more stuff from/in Europe (guess that would be a short article though :D)

7. jake
    jake
    August 4, 2010 at 3:09 pm |

After adding Atlantis to my queue i thought I’d check out SG-1. For at least seasons 1 & 2, it lists streaming as ‘coming soon.’ I’ve been wanting SG-1 on streaming for ages. I’m excited!

8. Hawkofva
    Hawkofva
    August 6, 2010 at 4:19 am |

Nice to finally hear the excellent Goldsmith theme music that only ever plays during the credits when Syfy is busy pimping their monster-of-the-week movie. The show also feels much more natural without commercials breaking up the action.

9. trekkeriii
    trekkeriii
    August 6, 2010 at 7:17 am |

Atlantis Seasons 1-5 and Universe 1.0 & 1.5 are now available. Looks like SG-1 Seasons 1 and 2 starts streaming on 8/15/2010. Rest of SG-1 just says “Streaming Coming Soon”.

10. trekkeriii
    trekkeriii
    August 7, 2010 at 3:06 pm |

Update to my comment: Looks like all SG-1 will be available on 8-15-2010. Atlantis, all seasons, is also actually being streamed in HD. I am guessing Seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 will be in HD as well. Season 8 is questionable since the first two episodes in Season 8 were not filmed in HD. I highly doubt we’d see Seasons 1-7 of SG-1 in HD since they were not filmed in HD.

11. Hawkofva
    Hawkofva
    August 9, 2010 at 7:02 pm |

Judging from the other comments on the Netflix page, there’s a bit of trouble with both halves of SGU Season 1 experiencing framerate slowdowns, creating a stuttering effect as you watch.

12. trekkeriii
    trekkeriii
    August 11, 2010 at 4:16 pm |

Chad Colvin

Actually, I have seen HD versions of shows uploaded to Netflix in the past when there is only a DVD version available. Example is the Babylon 5 Lost Tales. I actually streamed Stargate Atlantis Season 1 on my BluRay player that has Netflix (as I am aware of the mislabels). It is indicating an HD stream and sure looks better than DVD quality, granted nothing like BluRay. Just can’t stream it in HD on the website yet.

13. Demoblaster
    Demoblaster
    August 12, 2010 at 1:14 am |

This makes me happy for the sole reason that Netflix paid out over $900 Million (to be paid over the course of 5 years) to the company that holds the rights to the film output of Paramount, Lions Gate and MGM. Hopefully, MGM will be seeing a considerable amount of this money and it’ll help them with their finances. I doubt this alone will get them out of the hole that they’re in but every bit helps and it may give them the capability to maybe come back to support some of their projects both for small & large film (including the Stargate franchise movies and video games.)

The full story is on New York Times (and other sites.) Just do a search for “Netflix pays” on Goggle. It’ll practically be the only story that comes up.

14. bigblankub92583
    bigblankub92583
    August 16, 2010 at 9:25 pm |

Just got on netflix today and noticed that all 10 seasons of SG-1 are now on netflix.

15. TV Junkie
    TV Junkie
    August 17, 2010 at 9:50 am |

I would just like to see Netflix fix those choppiness issues, especially with SGU, before the new season starts.

16. mylestaylor
    mylestaylor
    September 1, 2010 at 11:08 am |

You forgot to mention TiVo which is what I use now. I used to use my XBox 360 but that loud brute is now off and I just stream straight to my TiVo. I own them on DVD but it’s easier to stream then to get the DVDs out of the boxes and I’ll just do that from now on.

17. rcarteraz
    rcarteraz
    September 24, 2010 at 6:39 pm |

Okay so does Netflix have season 1 of SG1 in the wrong order. What’s displayed here differs from what netflix has as the order.

18. eyers
    eyers
    December 6, 2010 at 11:51 am |

This is the only reason I started watching/found out about the series