1. Osiristi
    Osiristi
    November 11, 2010 at 11:07 am |

Cory Monteith appeared as young Mitchell in the episode “200”, by the way ;)

2. Mentat
    Mentat
    November 11, 2010 at 11:17 am |

“Cory Monteith appeared as young Mitchell in the episode “200″, by the way ;)” Fitting as the show is based on that scene.

3. Osiristi
    Osiristi
    November 11, 2010 at 1:56 pm |

Umm, no it isn’t.

4. asecooper222
    asecooper222
    November 11, 2010 at 3:38 pm |

I live in downtown Toronto, and I got my ticket! As well as my “You Are Here” shirt, camera ball, and PSP as my Kino and Kino remote :P

5. Raine
    Raine
    November 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm |

Mentat is probably trying to be “funny” about the assumption that the show is full of “young people.”
    We should remember though that the show has some “older” actors as well Robert Carlye, Louis Ferreira, Ming Na, Lou Diamond Philips.

I think they are all phenomenal actors no matter what age they are.

I wish I lived a little closer to Toronto so I could go see the whole cast live …. just love them all.

6. Gaeth
    Gaeth
    November 11, 2010 at 5:54 pm |

@Mentat: It is in no way based on or similar to that scene. As well you know.

7. rsanchez1
    rsanchez1
    November 11, 2010 at 6:41 pm |

Wow, everyone is going to be there. So jealous of Toronto now…

8. Xyla
    Xyla
    November 11, 2010 at 8:23 pm |

Yeah thats pretty silly to say it’s based on that scene from “200”. Now, if you haven’t watched SGU at all, I can see why you would say that… because when the creators of the show described SGU (before it was on the air) it did sound like that scene. However if you’ve watched a single episode then you would know better than to say such a thing.

9. Kosh
    Kosh
    November 12, 2010 at 12:15 am |

Oh crap, I’m only an hour away and would have loved to have gone if I had of known earlier >< Hope it's a good time for those going!

10. asecooper222
    asecooper222
    November 13, 2010 at 1:03 am |

It was awesome! All the cast are such a laugh and Jamil kept asking peoples names and then introducing himself as Jamil, as if we wouldn’t already know who he is :)

I managed to put a smile on his face when I told him how much “Hey Arnold!” affected my childhood.

11. Ancient Scientist
    Ancient Scientist
    November 13, 2010 at 1:10 am |

I wasn’t able to go, though I do live in Toronto. I watched on TV. It was pretty cool!

I like the part where Robert Cooper said how SGU is a Canadian show and that many up in Canada have taken to the show. I do hope the show does very well. It is unique in it’s own way.

12. Mentat
    Mentat
    November 13, 2010 at 10:50 pm |

Gemini’s – Carlyle wins best actor, SGU looses all others.