Now, this week’s release of Stargate Atlantis Season One DVD set (Region 1 – North America) has been found to include a number of defective discs. Several fans have reported that Disc 5 in the new set includes the contents of Disc 1 instead of the season’s final four episodes. Sony has indicated that this is a manufacturing error specific to Canada alone.
Now Sony is offering disc exchanges for both DVDs.
STARGATE ATLANTIS – SEASON ONE
To receive your corrected Stargate Atlantis Disc 5:
1) E-mail [email protected] to request instructions.
2) Print the e-mail and package it up with proof of purchase, your return address, and the Disc 5 disc and single DVD case (not the entire boxed set).
3) Mail the above to:
- Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Client Operations Group
10202 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Note that Sony cannot ship to P.O. boxes, and that the company does require a printed copy of its customer service e-mail for the exchange. The replacement will be shipped upon receipt of the defective disc. Please allow at least seven to 10 working days for delivery.
STARGATE SG-1 – SEASON EIGHT
Update: The “Threads” disc exchange is now available to residents of the U.S. and Canada. Customers in Mexico, as well as those who live outside North America but own the Region 1 DVD, should contact Sony directly at the address above for help.
It’s not known if the new disc will also include an audio commentary for “Threads,” conspicuously the only one missing from the set.
To receive your corrected SG-1 Disc 5:
1) Visit CheckMyRebate.com and click “Find a Rebate.” Choose “COLUMBIA TRISTAR / SONY / MGM” from the menu.
2) Click “STARGATE REPLACEMENT DVD” and read the instructions. Click “Online Registration” and fill out the form.
3) After submitting the form, print out a copy of the Rebate Form with your info. Mail this form, along with the entire jewel case and DVD OR the original proof of purchase from the DVD packaging (located in the lower right corner on the back of the paper insert). Send it to:
- STARGATE REPLACEMENT DVD
P.O. Box 9152
Bridgeport, NJ 08014
Submissions must be postmarked by January 31, 2006, and sets purchased before the end of this year.
Haven’t bought the set yet, and wondering if you should wait? It is not known whether Sony is replacing the disc in future manufacturing runs, but since the disc is not actually defective the company may opt not to. The most reliable way to get the full version of “Threads” is to buy the set and send in the exchange request form.
(Thanks to Adam Haynes, NowIWillDestroyAbydos, muscovy, Tannerman, James Brawn, Jr., Stewart Murray, Ooryl, Marianne, Sue Jackson, Timothy Watson, and Darshan Singh for the tip!)