1. timetraveler
    timetraveler
    April 30, 2009 at 8:01 pm |

Glad to see him doing other things. He is defiantly a versatile actor. It sucks we wont see more of him in the pilot but hey at least he is in it.

2. citac
    citac
    May 1, 2009 at 12:47 am |

i know its a new franchise and all but u have 10 years worth of SG-1 why just make the characters disappear. SO pissed off. Wish the new show is awesome because if it sucks, i hope MGM goes down the “toliet” so to speak.
    i hope their is a race of Goul’D in universe and replicators and Knox and Toulan and Ancients and Azguard.
    Because as your customers we want to see more not less of the cool ####.

3. SGAfanatic
    SGAfanatic
    May 1, 2009 at 12:01 pm |

There may be 10 years worth of SG-1, but this is a new show, new people, a cameo appearance is fine for me, AND new good & bad guys. Enough of the old ones…

4. Vyse99
    Vyse99
    May 1, 2009 at 1:42 pm |

“It’s not your father’s Stargate. It’s a very different kind of show. ”

*sigh* RIP the Stargate I know and love.

5. scifilover
    scifilover
    May 1, 2009 at 9:11 pm |

Well, I was excited to see my favorite character, Daniel (Michael Shanks), in SGA, and I ended up liking the show, despite the differences. I can only hope that I will like this one,too. I am a bit sceptical, but I will give it a try.

6. Atlantis Rocks
    Atlantis Rocks
    May 2, 2009 at 11:34 am |

I think Michael Shanks is awesome an a great actor, but not even his appearance in the SGU pilot wants to make me tune in ( sorry Michael). I’m not even looking forward to the 3rd SG1 movie because of the SGA cancellation in favour of SGU!!!! It just leaves such a bad taste in the mouth. I think its great to see the SG1/SGA actors branching out into other projects an I guess that’s where my loyalty will be going from now on. Already started watch NCIS just to see Torri occasionally, the same will be with the others especially Joe. Unfortunately I don’t like Sanctuary.

7. universacred
    universacred
    May 2, 2009 at 12:06 pm |

“Your father’s Stargate”? WTF?

8. Pioneering
    May 8, 2009 at 4:13 pm |

I’ve got to go with “Atlantis Rocks” here. “Not your father’s Stargate”?!? Well, I *am* your “father” so I guess SGU won’t be for me. :-( I wish the actors much success though as I follow their careers.

9. Dumbledore
    Dumbledore
    May 12, 2009 at 6:49 am |

I have to agree with Pioneering, I’m not a father but I am a mother, so I get the implication by the comment “its not your fathers Stargate”.

An as that is the case then so be it, I know when I am not wanted, I will take my viewing and disposable income else where. There is a great level of arrogance coming from all sides concerning SGU. I will gladly look forward to the SG1 and in particular the Atlantis actors new projects and happily spend my disposable income on these projects. I have nothing but admiration for these actors, they have consistently delivered a high quality acting and made Stargate what it is today.

Thank you ladies & gentleman you have all done a great job, its just a shame it ends like this.

I will not be watching Stargate Universe.

10. shepsgirl4ever
    shepsgirl4ever
    May 14, 2009 at 10:47 am |

OMG I like you Micheal but why appear in this travesty of show an Not your fathers Stargate OMG!!!! How bad can this “thing” really get ANSWER BAD!!!!. Good luck in future projects, really look forward to seeing SG1 and in particular SGA actors in other stuff.

SGU not watching go take a hike!!!!!!!!