Newest Most Voted
Glorp
Glorp
11 years ago

“But all is not what it seems, and even Angelus is unaware of his true nature – a nature that threatens the very survival of Atlantis itself …”

OMG! He’s a vampire….

Katikatnik
katikatnik
11 years ago

I have yet to read Angelus but Nightfall was awful – and I wasn’t the only one who thought so, see Amazon reviews. No banter, flat characters, completely illogical decisions – and the author even got some hard facts wrong, like he wrote that the wormhole goes both ways. Uh. It was a bitter disappointment.

But I do have high hopes for Angelus.

Gatechick
gatechick
11 years ago

I thought I would enjoy Nightfall and Angelus, but both books have fallen flat. I have not enjoyed any of the Atlantis books except Blood Ties and Mirror Mirror. I thin the authors should stick with SG-1 books. they are far more interesting. Perhaps if the authors would quit focusing on all the technical stuff and more on the characters and a plot they would be a better read.

Katikatnik
katikatnik
11 years ago

I actually enjoyed all the SGA tie-ins except for Nightfall. That one was flat. But I loved, for example, Entanglement. But it’s true that some of the authors who obviously prefer the SG-1 characters should stick with SG-1.

I’m glad that there are three more SGA books coming out this year, though.

MissingShep
missingShep
11 years ago

I mostly liked Nightfall. I was unhappy with Angelus until the end; which made the book. I liked all the other books. I have never read Exogenesis and The Chosen because you can only find them on Amazon for like $100 or more…Does anyone know how to find a decently priced one of these books?!?!?!?!?!? I’d really like to read them.

RodneyisGodney
RodneyisGodney
11 years ago

: I bought The Chosen at Barnes and Noble for $7.95. Don’t think I’ll buy Nighfall or Angelus tho.

Sheppiefan
sheppiefan
11 years ago

I have read all of the SGA novels except Nightfall and really enjoyed most of them altho’ I wasn’t so keen on Halcyon. I found Angelus a bit heavy going -too much technical stuff and less emphasis on the characters for my liking. Reviews are putting me off getting nightfall so maybe I’ll just wait for the next one!