1. General Jumper One
    General Jumper One
    August 11, 2010 at 12:39 pm |

John Rhys-Davies plays Gimli the Dwarf in the Lord of the Rings trilogy and voiced the Ent Treebeard (also in the Lord of the Rings).

2. Hallnavy
    August 11, 2010 at 3:00 pm |

You know I think it is amazing to see all our Stargate Stars moving on and picking up other acting roles, but it sickens me to know there are ideas for two Stargate Movies out there that are just sitting there while our Stargate Stars move further and further away from our series…..

3. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    August 11, 2010 at 3:04 pm |

Yay! I’m so happy to see Joe working on another sci-fi project! I can’t wait till 2011! Hope he gets another series soon, I miss him and the other SGA cast so very much. Fridays have never been the same since they went away.

4. majorsal
    majorsal
    August 11, 2010 at 3:58 pm |

i agree with Hallnavy!!

5. Chad Colvin
    August 11, 2010 at 9:14 pm |

Hmmm….John Rhys-Davies is in a project about a group of people that get trapped in a parallel dimension?

Wonder if one of them brought a timer? Maybe Jerry O’Connell will have a cameo. LOL

6. missingShep
    missingShep
    August 11, 2010 at 9:27 pm |

I don’t see why SciFi can help foot a bill for their movies, but can’t help foot a bill for MGM to go ahead with the Atlantis movie.

7. retiredat44
    retiredat44
    August 12, 2010 at 1:48 am |

John Rhys-Davies is very smart and always does a great job with his scripts.. but, mostof us SLIDERS fans miss him a whole bunch and to this day we are sad when he left that show..

If you have ever seen him do interviews, he is very intelligent.. great stories and thoughts..

Also would be very cool to see more of Joe, he is also missed, and while someone get’s typecast for a part they play in a show,, thats a good thing ..

Whatever work he does I wish him well..

IMHO

8. katikatnik
    katikatnik
    August 12, 2010 at 8:43 am |

I’m glad that Joe embraces the genre!

9. DarkElfa
    DarkElfa
    August 12, 2010 at 11:45 am |

My god, did these guys not read the fine print in their contracts and accidentally sell their souls to Satan?! To have actors of such great quality suffer through jobs in SyFy original films is just an abomination.

10. DarkElfa
    DarkElfa
    August 12, 2010 at 11:49 am |

Oh, and every time SyFy makes another one of these travesties of Science Fiction, Isaac Asimov returns from the grave to drag a small child back to hell.

11. Hawkofva
    Hawkofva
    August 12, 2010 at 6:36 pm |

@DarkElfa: I bet you could sell that script to Syfy if you drew it up.

12. DarkElfa
    DarkElfa
    August 13, 2010 at 7:09 pm |

I surprised they haven’t done that film already.

13. FightforAtlantis
    August 13, 2010 at 11:07 pm |

Poor Joe Flanigan. He should be in episodes of Stargate Atlantis season 6 right now, not tortured by another one of Syphilis’ “original movies” with bad CGI effects and lame plot-lines. I wish him luck in his future acting endeavors though.

14. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    August 14, 2010 at 7:53 am |

^^ I don’t know, from reading all his twitters over the past week, he seems to be having an incredible amount of fun in Ireland doing this project. (no matter how it turns out)

15. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    August 17, 2010 at 6:53 pm |

Link to the website now has a short BTS clip and a picture http://bit.ly/anC2dz

16. mcshepness
    mcshepness
    September 1, 2010 at 3:14 pm |

I’ll definitely watch this when it airs, but I still think it’s a shame Joe Flanigan isn’t in that David Hewlett Syfy movie coming out later this year. ;)