1. ELQ
    May 13, 2011 at 5:28 pm |

This is great news, ABC really believes in its ex-LOST writers. I hope the show is good, but I will watch it for Carlyle alone anyway! Big fan here!

I also read elsewhere (from industry insiders) that Carlyle is also set to star in an indie drama film, titled “California Solo”. It’s the story of an ex-rocker who lived in LA for 20 years and he’s now deported out of the US.

2. Stryse
    Stryse
    May 13, 2011 at 5:30 pm |

Heh. Now i’m intrigued by it… definitely check it out when it premieres.

3. Piernik
    Piernik
    May 13, 2011 at 6:03 pm |

Souds good

4. Pioneering
    May 13, 2011 at 6:50 pm |

I’ll check out the pilot just to see Robert. As expected, he doesn’t seem to have any trouble finding work. Good for him.

5. ELQ
    May 13, 2011 at 6:54 pm |

Found a bit more info about Carlyle’s new movie I mentioned above: it shoots in LA this June. Plot-wise, he is to be deported back to Scotland following a DUI bust.

In other TV scifi news just today, ABC canceled “V” and “The Ordinary Family”. NBC canceled “The Event”. Last night it was made known that “Wonder Woman” won’t see a series pickup. I hope the new season brings more new scifi shows, and that “Once Upon a Time” is successful. Sounds like a good idea for a show.

6. vtecb16a
    vtecb16a
    May 13, 2011 at 8:14 pm |

I’ll be checking the show out too.

7. The Admiral
    The Admiral
    May 13, 2011 at 8:31 pm |

A female character goes to a little town in Maine where unusual and paranormal things happen that resemble fantasy? Isn’t this already a show on SyFy?

8. samcamfan
    samcamfan
    May 13, 2011 at 8:46 pm |

Will definitely check this one out. Sounds really good.

9. Stargate80
    Stargate80
    May 14, 2011 at 4:36 am |

I will check this show out, bobby didn’t take long to get another gig lol.

10. knowles2
    knowles2
    May 14, 2011 at 5:56 am |

So how long do you think it will be before they start marketing it as the next Lost.

11. knowles2
    knowles2
    May 14, 2011 at 5:57 am |

An I was also meant to add and cancel it when it does not match there expectations in the ratings department.

12. ace_love
    ace_love
    May 14, 2011 at 7:01 am |

V and The Event have been cancelled? You know what i’m never watching US TV shows again, i’m through completely, last straw now!

Wake me up when Americans realise that reality shows are stuipid and start watching well written sci-fi..

I think the Save SGU campaign should be expanded to Save Sci-FI

13. knowles2
    knowles2
    May 14, 2011 at 9:09 am |

The way Sci-FI shows are dropping like flies, the fact that I have have not heard of any new ones next year, all the ones I hear are fantasy or superheroes, even Blood and Chrome have not been greenlighted for a full season yet. We may have to launch a save Sci Fi on TV campagn. Fringe is rumor to have been told that season 4 is its lasts.

14. tb1342
    tb1342
    May 16, 2011 at 2:05 pm |

Actually I read an article that Television as a whole is plummeting, advertising dollars are being re-distributed to other medians and with so many channels competing for so little dollars, they can no longer afford quality programing….I for one (using a great Red Dwarf term) think they are all smeg heads..they need to advertise across the bottom and maybe a picture window to ensure advertisement dollars..No I do not like the idea but if money and advertisers were that important then they should figure out a better methodology to selling stuff