‘They hunted me. … I hunted them back.’
Welcome to SGA Season Two! After a year on their own in the Pegasus Galaxy, the Atlantis expedition has reestablished contact with Earth. Under siege from the relentless Wraith, the show’s sophomore season begins with the arrival of the Daedalus and a new lease on life.
Join us all through July for month 12 of the Stargate Rewatch! Yep, believe it or not, when we close out this month we’ll have reached the one year mark for our massive, worldwide community event. Click here to learn more about the Rewatch and how you can join us now.
We want to hear from you! If you are blogging about your own Rewatch, writing new fanfic, creating artwork, or doing something else related to Atlantis Season Two, e-mail us a brief description and a link.
Learn more about the Stargate Rewatch and how you can participate here.
Here’s your intro to Atlantis‘s second season, with links to everything related on GateWorld.
With the city temporarily saved from the Wraith, the team returns to exploring new worlds through the Stargate under the leadership of the newly-promoted Lt. Colonel John Sheppard. But they quickly lose one of their own when Lt. Ford, altered by his exposure to a massive dose of Wraith enzyme, goes rogue. Replacing Ford on the team is Ronon Dex (Jason Momoa), a rogue of a different kind who has been hunted by the Wraith for many years — but may now be ready to settle down and fight with Atlantis.
Season Two would bring the discovery of living Ancients, the destruction of a solar system (well, five-sixths of one), a Genii coup, and the creation of a brand new foe when the team tests a new drug that may be capable of stripping out Wraith DNA and rendering an enemy entirely human.
Things to watch for this season:
- M.A.L.P. on a Stick!
- A funeral dirge
- Rodney’s sexy head-wound fantasies
- Before she was Jennifer Keller, actress Jewel Staite was … a Wraith!
- McKay finally breaks that sexual tension with Carson
- Actor Christian Bocher’s third Stargate role
- Humans who actually worship the Wraith
- Atlantis’s first Goa’uld guest
- John Sheppard, A.K.A. “the Fly”
SGA Season Two on GateWorld:
- Forum: Official discussion threads for every episode! (The main thread for the Rewatch project is here.)
- Podcast: Darren and David discuss all of Season Two. (If this is your first time watching, beware of thorough spoilers!)
- Episode Guide: Our handy guide to every episode
- Gallery: Production photos
- Gallery: Thousands of high-quality screen captures
- Cast Interviews (2005): Rainbow Sun Francks – David Hewlett – Torri Higginson – Rachel Luttrell – Joe Flanigan – David Nykl – Mitch Pileggi
Where to Watch?
- Amazon: Buy the complete series on Blu-ray (and support GateWorld)!
- Amazon: Buy Season Two on DVD
- Amazon: Download Season Two episodes (many in HD)
- iTunes: Download Season Two episodes in HD
- Netflix: Online viewing for $7.99 per month
We’re now taking your nominations for the following categories for the Atlantis Season Two Awards. Use this forum thread if you want your nominations to count. One nomination for each category per person, please. (All nominations must be from Atlantis Season Two and Season Two only!)
- Best Episode (Season Two)
- Best Sheppard Moment
- Best McKay Moment
- Best Teyla Moment
- Best Ronon Moment
- Best Weir Moment
- Best Beckett Moment
- Best Team Moment
- Best Alien Race
- Best Individual Villain
- Coolest Ancient Technology
- Coolest Alien Technology
- Best Guest Star (based on one specific Season Two episode)
Those “moments” can be a single moment, a line of dialogue, a scene, or in some cases even a full episode’s storyline.
Remember: The point of the Rewatch is not just to watch everything again, but to watch it together as a fan community! So post your thoughts on your blog, on Twitter (hashtag: #SGRewatch), Facebook, or over at GateWorld Forum. Write a new piece of fanfic to go along with what you’re watching, create a new piece of art, chat it up on your podcast — whatever your creative outlet is! Be sure to post a link so we can see it and share it with other Stargate fans.
Come back in a couple of weeks to cast your ballot for July’s Stargate Atlantis Awards!