First Aired: September 5, 2008
Sheppard and Beckett join a team investigating a hidden Wraith laboratory where Michael has been conducting genetic experiments.
- To accomplish the episode’s moody, fog-covered environments, the crew staged the episode in-doors on a sound stage and fogged it manually.
- Nicole de Boer guest stars as Dr. Alison Porter, the latest in a long line of former Star Trek cast members to appear in the Stargate franchise. Her former Deep Space Nine co-stars to appear on Stargate include Armin Shimerman (“The Nox”), Rene Auberjonois (“The Other Side”), and Colm Meaney (“Underground”).
- Christina Cox‘s character, Anne Teldy, was named after a real-world fan of Stargate.
- Leela Savasta‘s character of Alicia Vega was originally scripted to have a significant supporting role in the fifth season premiere, and possibly an on-going role in the show. Instead, in “Whispers” she faces a quick and gruesome demise.
“Whispers” on GateWorld:
- Episode Guide
- Fan Reviews
- Episode Transcript
- Photo Gallery
- Screencap Gallery
- Discussion Forum
- Video Interview with Nicole de Boer (2008)
- Interview with Janina Gavankar (2008)
- “Whispers” Podcast
- Atlantis Season Five Podcast
Rewatch “Whispers” this week! Then post your comments below, or head over to the episode discussion forum and see what people were saying back in the day. What are your favorite moments?
Each week we’re highlighting a favorite episode from Stargate’s 17 seasons. Watch the episode with us this week and join in the fun!