1. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    October 10, 2014 at 5:52 pm |

I don’t watch anything on Syfy anymore. But for those who do guess it’s a good move.

Rumor is there is going to be a limited series from J.Mallozzi and P.Mullie airing on the network in 2015. Nothing to do with SG but hopefully some familiar faces will pop up.

2. maxrpg
    maxrpg
    October 10, 2014 at 8:28 pm |

I believe SyFy putting smackdown in the friday slot that was reserved for shows like SG-1 played a huge part in that and most of shows to be cancelled. They use to get high ratings because friday was the end of the week and everyone looked forward to watching their favourite show, but then they moved it to the start of the week and thus began the decline in ratings as most people decided to record and watch later rather than watch at time of broadcast. Smackdown isn’t even science fiction, SyFy messed up big time.

3. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    October 10, 2014 at 9:11 pm |

Syfy was contractually obligated to air WWE. They didn’t really have a choice. That said, SciFi Friday was the best and I really missed it when it was gone. SG1 SGA BSG – can’t beat that! Ever.

4. elwoodxrl
    elwoodxrl
    October 11, 2014 at 9:30 am |

The tease on the front page had me thinking SGU was coming back in 2016.

5. ofer
    ofer
    October 11, 2014 at 6:57 pm |

@elwoodxrl sadly SGU (like SGA and SG-1) is never coming back thanks to Devlin and Emmerich.

6. btc909
    btc909
    October 14, 2014 at 4:07 am |

I haven’t watch SyFry for years now. FiOS might as well dump the network.

7. TH0R
    TH0R
    October 14, 2014 at 1:38 pm |

Yup 2 little 2 late. “Screw u syfi” …..in Asgardian.
    Bazinga

8. MediaSavant
    MediaSavant
    October 15, 2014 at 11:22 am |

A lot of the reason for the success of Syfy shows on Friday in the past had to do with the methodology Nielsen used at the time to account for VCR viewing before DVR’s came into play. Nielsen’s meters were more primitive and couldn only figure out if someone recorded a show, but not if or when they played them back. So, any time a show was recorded with a VCR, it counted towards the show’s ratings, whether it played back or not and when it was played back. Those Friday night shows were recorded like crazy and, thus, got credit for it.

This has all changed in the DVR era. Nielsen’s methodology is to only measure when a show is played back. Advertisers only pay based on how much the ads are watched within a three day period. Not the show itself. Thus, Friday night ratings aren’t what they used to be because the methodology has advanced.

I suspect that had this methodology been in place in the “old days”, many of the network’s Friday night shows would not have had the ratings they did.

9. GMarsack
    GMarsack
    October 21, 2014 at 1:18 pm |

The last time I tuned into SyFy was the final episode of Stargate Universe. Until they bring another Stargate back to the network, I won’t ever watch ScyFy again. Honestly, I hope some other network picks up the pieces instead. I’ve been burned too many times by SyFy cancelling my favorite shows that were genuinely good shows.

10. themaingmaster
    themaingmaster
    November 19, 2014 at 3:49 am |

NBC calls the shots about what goes on SyFy! That being said, anybody who thinks that Roland Emmerich movie project will HURT future chances for SG to return to our TV screens is sadly mistaken. The EXACT opposite is true! Unless R.E. and D.D.’s SG movies are a dismal failure (not likely), those movies ARE what may be the last, best chance we have of ever seeing NEW SG on our TV screens again. EVERY Gater needs to get out when the movies are released, and spend your money on movie tickets, and later on DVD’s. The entertainment industry is a “follow-the-leader” industry, and if the movies are a big hit, then we’ve got gate! That’s pretty much it. Have an awesome Holiday Season. :) J.S. aka tmgm

11. Mesmer7
    January 11, 2015 at 10:05 pm |

I cancelled my cable subscription when SciFi started showing wrestling.

12. Orpheus