First Aired: September 17, 2004
When a massive storm threatens the city, Atlantis is evacuated — only to be taken over by the team’s newest enemy.
“The Storm” Facts:
- Stargate Atlantis‘s mid-season finale marked not only the introduction of guest star Robert Davi as Commander Kolya, but also the SGA debut of one Ryan Robbins — as the mid-level Genii operative Ladon Radim. Ladon would go on to a bigger role after his coup in Season Two, and Robbins would go on to sci-fi stardom on shows like Sanctuary, Battlestar Galactica, Falling Skies, and (starting this fall) Arrow.
- Atlantis‘s freshman writer, Martin Gero, does the script honors here — and in fact would end up writing most of the show’s big premieres, finales, and two-parters. (You can currently find him headlining the new NBC fall series Blindspot.)
- A background player in this episode is actor Cory Monteith, who played a Genii soldier. He would go on years later to be cast in the leading role of Glee‘s Finn Hudson. (Monteith died in 2013, at the age of 31.)
“The Storm” on GateWorld:
- Episode Guide
- Episode Review
- Episode Transcript
- Photo Gallery
- Screencap Gallery
- Discussion Forum
- Atlantis Season One Podcast
- Interview with Joe Flanigan (2004)
- Interview with Rainbow Sun Francks (2004)
- Interview with Rachel Luttrell (2005)
- Interview with Brad Wright & Robert C. Cooper (2005)
Rewatch “The Storm” this week! Then post your comments below, or head over to the episode discussion thread and see what people were saying back in the day. What are your favorite moments?
Each week we’re highlighting a favorite episode from Stargate’s 17 seasons. Watch the episode with us this week and join in the fun!