First Aired: September 23, 2005
The team is captured by the missing Lieutenant Ford, who is now leading a group of young men who are taking the Wraith enzyme — and who wants the team’s help in a suicide attack against a hive ship.
“The Lost Boys” Facts:
- Season Two of Stargate Atlantis brought the show’s first major casting change: Jason Momoa joined the team as Ronon Dex, after Rainbow Sun Francks‘ character of Lt. Aiden Ford was written out. This had the advantage of opening up a major new storyline for Ford, who underwent a radical transformation under the influence of Wraith enzyme.
- The writers always intended to bring Ford back for the mid-season two-parter. But “The Lost Boys” and “The Hive” would be the last that viewers would see of the character, apart from a brief appearance in Sheppard’s dream at the start of Season Five.
- This isn’t the first Stargate appearance for actor Paul Anthony, who plays Jace. In the fifth season of Stargate SG-1 he was Baal’s human slave at the System Lord summit.
- The Wraith hive queen may look very different from the “Keeper” encountered by Sheppard back in the pilot episode — but of course it’s still actress Andee Frizzell underneath the make-up and prosthetics. Producers deliberately used the same actors to play many different Wraith characters, adding to the sense that they are all part of a larger, biological hive race. This is the first Queen that Frizzell played on the show, though she would return several more times as others.
“The Lost Boys” on GateWorld:
- Episode Guide
- Episode Transcript
- Photo Gallery
- Screencap Gallery
- Discussion Forum
- Atlantis Season Two Podcast
- Interview with Rainbow Sun Francks (2005)
- Interview with David Hewlett (2005)
Rewatch “The Lost Boys” this week! Then post your comments below, or head over to the episode discussion thread and see what people were saying back in the day. What are your favorite moments?
Each week we’re highlighting a favorite episode from Stargate’s 17 seasons. Watch the episode with us this week and join in the fun!