1. Covah
    August 31, 2017 at 4:12 pm |

Isn’t this typical…
    MGM doesn’t want my money because I don’t live in the US :(

2. Fede000
    August 31, 2017 at 7:15 pm |

F– MGM they only want US money.

3. Falcon304
    August 31, 2017 at 11:17 pm |

“…for a one-time payment of $20 USD… Access begins September 20 and is valid through May 15, 2018”

That’s not a one time payment. That’s a less than annual fee.

4. ViRGE
    September 1, 2017 at 12:54 am |

[quote]MGM doesn’t want my money because I don’t live in the US :([/quote]
    In all fairness to MGM, I’m sure they do want your money. MGM is a business, they like money.

However operating a small service like this on a global scale is difficult, especially as their back catalog has already been licensed out to local distributors. So their contact may disallow them from competing with their local licensees, or the legal issues with setting up a new streaming service are too great for a relatively small service.

Which doesn’t mean that they don’t want your money, only that they aren’t in a position to serve those markets on their own. And that, in a nutshell, is the reason that TV distributors license shows out abroad in the first place.

[quote]That’s not a one time payment. That’s a less than annual fee.[/quote]Aye. It’s essentially an 8-month subscription. Which works out to $2.50/month. I’m actually pleasantly surprised here; that’s about half the price of what I was expecting. And practically speaking it’s about right for a service that only has the Stargate back catalog and one forthcoming DTV movie.

5. ManelyDave
    September 1, 2017 at 7:50 am |

Looking at the offer, I’m guessing that being US only for pre-registration might be because of the free t-shirt. Once you factor in the cost of the shirt and delivery worldwide, you substantially cut into any profit on a one-time charge.

6. Joe Friday
    September 1, 2017 at 10:24 pm |

I didn’t know that they planned an annual subscription fee, but I don’t think $20 is too much for an exclusive Stargate tshirt and unlimited streaming of all episodes from all 3 franchises. And I hope that MGM takes notice of all the fan interest in Stargate’s revival.

7. Jeremfg
    September 6, 2017 at 7:14 pm |

Just sad that Canadians are excluded from getting the t-shirt deal, considering the fact the 3 original shows were shot there.

8. Koralatov
    September 19, 2017 at 11:25 am |

While ViRGE’s comment above entirely covers why those of us outside the U.S. can’t get access, it’s still disappointing. I’d happily chip in $30 a year for access to all the Stargate series — even if I can get them elsewhere. I’m happy to show my support directly for these series.