If you missed Gatecon: The Invasion last month in beautiful (and a bit rainy) British Columbia, here’s your chance to catch up on some of the fun. Stargate Command has posted Amanda Tapping’s entire panel video from Sunday morning.
The fun starts with the actress crashing the previous panel, interrupting David DeLuise (“Pete Shanahan”), Dean Aylesworth (“Anubis”), Alexis Cruz (“Skaara”), Peter Williams (“Apophis”), and Rainbow Sun Francks (“Aiden Ford”).
Just a few highlights from the more than 70 minutes Amanda spent on stage:
- Who is the better kisser … Richard Dean Anderson’s Jack O’Neill, or David DeLuise’s Pete Shanahan? (It’s a tough call, Amanda says.)
- She gives an update on her charity Sanctuary For Kids, and announces that after 10 years the organization will close its doors at the end of 2018.
- Amanda talks extensively about directing Travelers, especially the logistically channeling time loop episode “17 Minutes.”
- She will travel to New York this March, where she will direct an episode of the NBC series Blindspot (created by Stargate’s Martin Gero)
- The story behind her now infamous “Solitudes” gag “I’m stuck on a glacier with MacGyver!”
- Why Sanctuary didn’t get a fifth season — including the confluence of renewing the studio space rental and Comcast’s acquisition of Syfy Channel
- “Conversations have been started” about doing something new with the Sanctuary IP (intellectual property), which is owned by the show’s private financiers.
- She’s been an actor, a producer, a director … so why not write? Amanda hopes to expand this part of her storytelling career, and is working with a writing partner to develop a new series idea.
- Saying “No” at her first wardrobe fitting, and how she felt like it could have gotten her fired
- Developing a passion for science fiction, and inspiring a generation of young girls
After the stage appearance GateWorld had the opportunity to sit down with Amanda for a one-on-one conversation, which you can watch right here!
Head over to Stargate Command to watch the full video.