Newest
Brent
Brent
8 months ago

Thanks for taking the plunge and doing the evaluations.
My first questions for your review will be:
1) What is the definitive answer concerning the audio mix for SG-1? 5.1 or 2.0 or 5.1 with horrible mixing?
2) Do you feel that Season 2 of SGU is a legit HD transfer, or do you think they upscaled the DVD version with NR? I was soooo annoyed when I could only buy the DVD of S2.

Paul edwin
8 months ago
Reply to  Brent

oh thats somthing I further checked into from visual entertainment they actidently put the 5.1 on the standard audio option and standard one on the 5.1 audio so if you want the 5.1 audio option on the new bluray for sg1 put it on the standard just some info on audio hopes it helps out.

Ugly Pig
Ugly Pig
7 months ago
Reply to  Paul edwin

The problem is not that the 5.1 audio is difficult to fine, the problem is that the 5.1 is faulty. I have (finally) received my box set and can confirm that the 5.1 audio on the SG-1 Blu-Ray set is completely messed up.

Zahra Hikmat
Zahra Hikmat
8 months ago

Hi,
Do you know if there are, or will be, any options for European fans? There are no options as far as I can tell. But maybe I have overseen something.

Last edited 8 months ago by Zahra Hikmat
Brian
Brian
8 months ago

Hmmm… $219 seems steep for this when I’m likely only wanting SG-1.

Thomas
Thomas
7 months ago

Hi ! Thanks for your work ! I’ll wait for your review about the quality of the transfert before making my choice. By any chance, do you know if there are any others subtitles (like French one :P) than just english in this version ?

Kathryn
Kathryn
7 months ago
Reply to  Thomas

I was going to ask something similar – are all the episodes captioned? I seem to recall that on previous DVD releases, only about half the SG-1 seasons were captioned, which is why I didn’t buy any.

Sarc
Sarc
7 months ago

Thanks for this first-look at these sets. Helps us make an informed decision when considering to make the purchase. One pet peeve of mine is the cover picture on the SG1 set. Why in the world would they put a picture of the team with Jonas instead of Daniel? Makes no sense considering Daniel was one of the first characters in the entire franchise up to the end, whereas Jonas was in a little over a season worth of episodes. Seems to me the people who created this are not familiar with its content. Another example of a money making… Read more »

Osiristi
Henri
7 months ago

Is the terrible SG-1 cover sleeve removable if someone were to make a better fan-edit?

Tirill M
Tirill M
5 months ago

Are these region free?

Tirill M
Tirill M
5 months ago
Reply to  Darren

Ok. Thanks for telling me. Still hope for an European release though.