Newest
Eric
Eric
4 months ago

Putting bias for Stargate aside it would be a good fit for Amazon. The general Stargate concept is a plot generating device in itself. Amazon would not need to spend as much as say Lord Of The Rings to produce it.(Even at that lower cost it will still be more than what was spent on SG1 etc) SFX have gotten 10 time better and cheaper so it would look great and Amazon is well suited to exploit any merchandising potential . Brad Wright is a proven produce to expand the franchise

Macleanw
MacLean Fitzgerald

It’s time.

Al Dunlop
Al Dunlop
4 months ago

Well Stargate needs a full reboot in my book. Darker, scarier, more like the movie. No lame Jack sarcasm. Definitely not film it in Vancouver so every planet doesn’t look like Canada in winter.

Mollymouse
Mollymouse
Reply to  Al Dunlop

Actually, I couldn’t disagree more. Part of the charm of the tv shows was the humorous banter between the cast members. It separated it from all the different Scifi shows that have come out being “darker, scarier….” and may I add dystopian. I hope they keep the ethos of SG1 and Atlantis.

Steve
Steve
Reply to  Al Dunlop

I do agree about the don’t film, only in Vancouver, part.

Åshild
Åshild
4 months ago

That’s unfair. That means I can’t watch it in my country. I recently got Prime, but had to cancel it right away because everything on it said unavailable so there was no play button on anything. I’m sick and tired of this unfair treatment. :(

JoshuaJSlone
Joshua J. Slone
Reply to  Åshild

Per-country rights can vary a lot, but I have to think that Amazon-owned shows meant to be showcases for Prime wouldn’t have a problem. The only reason they would be is if Amazon chose to sell rights to a competitor for some region.

Lucus Anon
LucusNon
Reply to  Åshild

Were you trying to access Prime Video content via your region’s Amazon retail website? — I believe in some regions Prime Video may require users to access it through a separate site: primevideo.com — did you try that?

Peter
Peter
4 months ago

We definitely need more of the same like SG-1 and Atlantis and preferably a continuation, not a reboot. Al Dunlop how can you say that Jacks’s sarcasm was lame? Sacrilege! It was one of the best elements of the show made it all the more worth watching. As far as Stargate concerns me, I always loved the series, not the movie. The movie was and still is, for me, just a necessary, but otherwise completely disregardable starting point of a wonderful universe brought to life by Brad Wright, Robert C. Cooper, Jonathan Glassner, Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie. The only… Read more »

Zenophite
Corvinus
4 months ago

Not sure how to feel about this. I have a feeling that Amazon purchasing MGM might eventually result in a version Stargate that we don’t really want. Hope I’m wrong.

STEPHEN D MILES
STEPHEN D MILES
4 months ago

FINALLY THEY SELL!!!! they have done nothing with STARGATE for FAR too long , we need a new owner with deep pockets….but they did only give the expanse 3 seasons after picking them up

Peter
Peter
4 months ago

If Amazon acquires MGM I hope the new series or films or whatever format we’re going to see the new Stargate in won’t be a Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin production. Those two ##### are trying to get their dirty mitts on a property they sold almost 30 years ago now that they see that it can be a potential for virtually endless money making. They claim they have a new “vision” for Stargate that somehow they couldn’t see all those years ago. Yeah, a vision of dollar bills filling their bottomless pockets. On the other hand I wonder if… Read more »

James Dunlop
James Dunlop
Reply to  Peter

pretty sure they will. stargate IS a giant inb followings really, and THAT is what sells. it will be a draw item for them for sure.

Sondegard
Sondegard
4 months ago

Whatever they end up doing, let’s hope it’s nothing like Origins. What a mess THAT was.

Zaid
4 months ago

With Amazon wouldn’t we be limited to something like 3 seasons with approx. 10 episodes only?

James Dunlop
James Dunlop
Reply to  Zaid

far better than what we have right now.
Plus, given how many people sign on to watch the spinoffs, it is something that can be pulled out and dusted off more often.

Mrja84
4 months ago

Looks like the deal is done. I think Amazon was just tired of fans complaining when Stargate left Prime 😃

Anne
Anne
JYG
JYG
4 months ago

Oh boy… I don’t like this one bit. If they make another Stargate series, it better not be the SJW kind they hinted at 3 years ago… Or worse… I don’t want to see “strong female characters” who are black-latino-martian lesbians who use feminism in their “jokes”… And the funny thing is, they keep forgetting that SG-1 had one main female characters who was really strong since the late 90s: Sam Carter.
Please just let it go…

Ian Fleming
Ian Fleming
Reply to  JYG

I think you need to let it go. I’m so tired of right-wingers bringing their “culture war” nonsense into SG fandom. Nobody cares about “SJWs” or “Wokeness” or whatever utterly meaningless buzzwords the right love to invent to divide and exclude people. Let. It. Go.

Latios
Latios
4 months ago

Stargate is dead. Why desecrate a corpse so hard?

Destiny 2.0
4 months ago

The purchase has now gone through Amazon owns MGM. Fingers crossed for a greenlit forth series

Jonathan Wilson
Jonathan Wilson
Reply to  Destiny 2.0

Have they gotten approval from regulators in US, Europe and elsewhere yet?