1. skittles
    skittles
    February 5, 2015 at 5:40 pm |

This film will likely be awful. To date, Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich have never made a great movie.

2. majorsal
    majorsal
    February 5, 2015 at 8:04 pm |

two things:

1- no. just no. if the franchise is going to be continued, do it with the TV mythology.

2- another ‘wright’ and ‘woods’ involved in stargate? funny! :p

3. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    February 6, 2015 at 2:37 am |

Why?

4. Jim Hutto
    February 6, 2015 at 5:04 am |

I love the original Stargate Movie. I loved it so much so that I held off watching SG-1 until Atlantis came out because I was a purist at the time and didn’t think the TV show could live up to the movie. Whelp I was very wrong. The TV shows not only exceeded my expectations, but it also made me appreciate the movie much more. I watched the premier of Atlantis and that got me to watch SG-1 and then Ultimately Atlantis (which I still think was killed off way before it’s time).

I am going to give these new movies a shot. Do I think it will live up to the original movie and TV shows. I don’t know, not too many reboots have impressed me enough for me to stick with it.

I am going to take the wait and see approach. I hope it is as good if not better then the Original movie and TV shows. If not, then I will add it to my list of sh*tty movies.

5. shaggingNumberSix
    shaggingNumberSix
    February 6, 2015 at 10:20 pm |

@skittles: I found ‘Stargate’ to be a great movie.
    @majorsal: I wonder if they actually have the ‘rights’ to make use of the TV mythology, or if they even would want to do so. In a way the series SG1 was a reboot of the original movie, with Atlantis and Universe generating naturally from the creative process of the series.
    @Sylvia: Why not?
    I for one can’t wait to see ‘Stargate’ hit the screen again and to see how it is going to be presented to the audience. I love good SF and the Stargate concept is rich enough to sustain the original movie, the 3 wonderful series and now a new realization. It is astonishing to me how something meant for entertainment can be so polarizing like the debacle when Atlantis left and Universe took its place. I am craving ‘Stargate’ in any form, I am just delighted they find it a commodity worth utilizing this long after the original and the series.

6. GMarsack
    GMarsack
    February 10, 2015 at 10:30 am |

At this point, I’ll take anything related to Stargate. I miss you, Stargate!!!!! I loved both the movie and every series that was made. I’ve watched each multiple times. I don’t view them as the same so to me it’s okay they are different story paths.

I’m hoping if the new movie doesn’t follow the series that it’s in the same quality as the original. It would be cool if it continued where the original movie left off and they brought Kurt Russell and James Spader back – as if it was 21 years later and the program was still is in operation.

One can only wish, right?

7. Dawesstategate
    Dawesstategate
    February 14, 2015 at 12:54 am |

Can’t wait, it will live up to the movie and people will both love it and hate it.

8. Donsta
    Donsta
    February 20, 2015 at 6:33 pm |

I’m with GMarsack on this. I’m hoping the movie comes out before I’m forced to buy DVD’s of Stargate Infinity to feed my addiction

9. LORD MONK
    LORD MONK
    July 2, 2015 at 6:02 pm |

I will take anything Stargate right now. Haven’t watched Sifi sense they took it off. Everything else is crap.