1. Ugly Pig
    July 20, 2017 at 8:10 am |

I am able to watch it from Norway, so apparently it’s not US only. Interestingly, it’s available in full 1080p – if I’m not mistaken, the first time ever COTG (or any pre-season 8 episode) has been available in HD. I suspect it’s an upscale, however, as the image looks rather soft.

2. Etunimi
    July 20, 2017 at 12:42 pm |

Not US-only, works fine in Finland as well.

It is only blocked in Australia and some Middle Eastern countries, per Youtube region restriction checker (polsy dot org dot uk).

3. DanJack
    July 20, 2017 at 4:26 pm |

Thanks for the update. I’m not fond of that particular cut, with its off pacing and my favorite character development moments cut out. Still it’s nice to have this kind of information. You still rock Darren!

4. ViRGE
    July 20, 2017 at 11:45 pm |

“Interestingly, it’s available in full 1080p – if I’m not mistaken, the first time ever COTG (or any pre-season 8 episode) has been available in HD. I suspect it’s an upscale, however, as the image looks rather soft.”

Agreed. It essentially has to be an upscale. The original was masted in SD. However because YouTube tends to maul and videos uploaded in SD, you pretty much have to upscale it to HD to ensure it doesn’t lose a bunch of detail from YouTube’s encoding process.

5. Nobycane74
    July 21, 2017 at 10:40 am |

I thought the two episodes cut into a movie-like feature was really cool when they originally did it, I can understand some essential and necessary cuts/editing needing to be done.
    What I did not like, was the re-recording of the dialog, Michael Shanks re-recording ALL his lines to move away from the James Spader-like voice impression, was totally unnecessary, and the dialog became more canned and out of place. It really took away from the character overall…because I felt as young as Daniel Jackson was portrayed in the series, he grew up and manned up over time…which obviously changed his characteristics (including his voice, the way he talks and presents himself).

6. Levly_love