The boxed set comes with a suggested sticker price of $49.98. Episodes are presented in widescreen 1.78:1 video and Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound audio, with these bonus features:
- Audio commentaries for every episode, starring the writers, producers, and directors of Atlantis
- “A New Leader: Amanda Tapping Joins Atlantis”
- “The Doctor Is In: The Return of Paul McGillion”
- Stargate Atlantis Bloopers
- “The Making of ‘Trio'”
- “A Look Back at Season Four”
- Deleted Scenes
- Mission Directives with Robert C. Cooper (“Doppelganger”), Will Waring (“This Mortal Coil”), Martin Wood (“Quarantine”), and Andy Mikita (“Outcast”)
- Photo galleries
- Production design galleries
This set marks the first inclusion of bloopers on a Stargate release, helping to make Atlantis Season Four a must-have for fans.
Season Four of the show saw changes both behind and in front of the camera, as actress Amanda Tapping took command of the Atlantis expedition as Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter. Elizabeth Weir (Torri Higginson) was written out of the show, but Dr. Carson Beckett (Paul McGillion) made a stunning return.
Also new to the show this season was Jewel Staite, whose character Dr. Jennifer Keller makes the jump from recurring to series regular in the upcoming fifth season. Behind the camera, writer-producers Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie took over the reigns as show-runners.
Season Four is also the first year that Stargate Atlantis took up a deliberate story arcs, rewarding loyal viewers with a more epic tale that spanned several episodes. The Wraith-Replicator war spans more than half of the season, while Teyla’s pregnancy and the mystery of her missing people runs three-quarters of the season.
Pre-order Stargate Atlantis Season Four now at Amazon.com, save a bundle (as of this writing, 36 percent off at $31.99 — subject to change), and support GateWorld with your purchase! Watch the site for our full review of the set later this month.
Season Five of Stargate Atlantis kicks off in the U.S. this Friday, July 11, at 10 p.m. (9 Central) on SCI FI Channel.