1. Replicator Todd
    Replicator Todd
    January 31, 2010 at 3:17 pm |

Sometimes I think i’m the only who really watched Smallville around here! But I can’t wait for this! I’m super excited!

2. EvilSpaceAlien
    EvilSpaceAlien
    January 31, 2010 at 4:02 pm |

He looks absolutely ridiculous.

3. ToddJPI
    ToddJPI
    January 31, 2010 at 4:44 pm |

He doesn’t look ridiculous, he looks like the original Hawkman! Can’t wait until Friday to see this.

4. SciFiForLife
    SciFiForLife
    January 31, 2010 at 5:10 pm |

Should be an excellent smallville event from what I’ve heard. And there are some better pictures then that around, although even that one blown up looks better.

And that is OG hawkman so not ridiculous :D

5. bluesapphires
    bluesapphires
    January 31, 2010 at 6:27 pm |

I loved watching the Justice League when I was a kid. I haven’t been watching Smallville, but this looks really good and might get me into it! Besides, I adore Michael Shanks and it will be fun to see him in a such a fun role.

6. Pioneering
    January 31, 2010 at 8:17 pm |

I am not a Smallville fan but I’ll be watching this episode. Brings me back to my childhood.

7. Clemontine
    Clemontine
    January 31, 2010 at 10:29 pm |

Dont watch Smallville, but I will watch this for MS!

8. Kosh
    Kosh
    January 31, 2010 at 11:58 pm |

The last couple of Smallville seasons have been pretty good and have tied in nicely with other known heroes, such as this movie event coming up. Looking forward to it and also seeing Shanks in this role, I think it would be a really fun role to play as bluesapphires mentioned ^^

9. the_big_bad
    the_big_bad
    February 1, 2010 at 8:28 am |

I tried watching Smallville years ago but couldn’t get into it. This makes me wish I’d stuck with it and caught-up on the previous episodes on DVD. I do have a stupid question to ask, though: why does the show (from what I understand) mostly showcase the lesser-known DC characters and not include the obvious Batman / Wonder Woman combo? Is it a legal thing or part of some series finale coup? Just wondering.

10. jonshr
    jonshr
    February 1, 2010 at 1:25 pm |

go to 0:25 seconds in this trailert – it looks like daniel is breaking trough a stargate !!! LOL :)

11. SciFiForLife
    SciFiForLife
    February 1, 2010 at 1:53 pm |

Hey the_big_bag, as Darren said some characters are off limits because of projects the various studios have in the works. That being said over the years they have still done a large number of well known characters such as: Flash, Saturn Girl, Aquaman, Sandman, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Cosmic Boy, Wonder Twins,Black Canary, Maxima, Green Arrow, etc, etc, too many to go into. Some are better known then others but there have also been numbers allusions to batman and wonder women,etc.

12. DocScience
    DocScience
    February 1, 2010 at 5:57 pm |

Does Shanks now see the irony in his leaving SG1 for “serious” work?

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVED him as Daniel Jackson, but surely his hiatus looks a bit different from his new bird’s eye perspective.

13. Gaia
    Gaia
    February 2, 2010 at 4:14 am |

Can’t wait! If this is the only way to see the SG-1, SGA actors again, I gladly take it :(

14. The Dragon
    The Dragon
    February 2, 2010 at 9:44 am |

I like Smallville and will ohhh so definitely watch it just to see MS again…and for the record he doesn’t look ridiculous..as always he looks HOT HOT HOT….OBTW does anybody have any idea when it’ll be aired in the UK and on what channel then I can keep my eyes peeled?

15. SciFiForLife
    SciFiForLife
    February 2, 2010 at 7:56 pm |

@DocScience, I’m a huge stargate fan, all incarnations but also a smallville fan. However . . .whether you like the genre or not Smallville actually has always had higher ratings then stargate and has been on for 9 seasons, probably 10. So while it may not be “serious” by your defenition it is in fact an extremely successful franchise particularly in dvd and memorabilia sales.

16. Smallville's Absolute Justice | The World of Scott Mindeaux
    February 7, 2010 at 12:43 am |

[…] for two hours. I was absolutely STUNNED when I found out it was none other than my favorite, Michael Shanks of Stargate fame. Yes! It was Michael Shanks. I write this entry still not convinced it was […]