1. Jackoneill
    Jackoneill
    November 13, 2011 at 10:23 pm |

I hated how they wrote jonas out of Sg1. It would of been nice if we could of see him in season 8, 9, and 10. Even if it was only a few episodes. Nice interview though, corin seems like a nice guy, and good luck to him with his various movies and other projects.

2. Browncoat1984
    Browncoat1984
    November 14, 2011 at 1:34 am |

Yeah, I agree he should have had a few more appearances the way General Hammond kept on popping back in. Who knows, maybe if SGU had had a 3rd season and they did another Langara story we would have seen Jonas involved with it.

Also IMO Mitchell and Landry should have been written in BEFORE season 8 so that we had a smoother transition, but that’s a topic for another day and hindsight is always better. That’s always been a problem with these writers though vs. say, JMS and his team from Babylon 5 – he always had a plan, outs for his characters should unforseen circumstances arise.

3. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    November 14, 2011 at 2:26 am |

Wow, I so loved Jonas. I never really enjoyed SG1 as much after he left. I wanted him to show up every once in a while and still feel miffed at how they just erased him for the most part.

4. SomeVeryRandomStuff
    SomeVeryRandomStuff
    November 14, 2011 at 7:39 am |

Loved Jonas in Stargate, and he was by far the best new character to be developed during the years on SciFi/SyFy, even if he was a bit of a Marty Stu.

Season Six was for me the zenith of the show. Agree totally that Mr. Nemec should have been in the show more. They missed a huge opportunity to bring him back during season 9/10, resorting to just mentioning briefly that Langara had gone Ori. Lets not get me started on Mitchell who i absolutely hated, and whom ruined the last 2 seasons for me. If they do make any more movies lets hope that the LtColonel is left out of it, and Jonas Quinn returns to SGC.

I actually thought Jonas fitted into the team better than Daniel who became somewhat irritating and aloof after his ascension. He provided that wide-eyedness that Daniel had done in early seasons.

5. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    November 14, 2011 at 1:21 pm |

Re Daniel, I didn’t like him nearly as much after he came back. Too arrogant and snipey.

6. Hetshepsu
    November 14, 2011 at 2:42 pm |

I loved Jonas too, and was annoyed too at how they just wrote him out and then ‘forgot’ about him, pretending that he never even happened. If he had appeared in Seizure, that would have just been amazing- and was secretly hoping all through the episode that he would!

7. grif
    grif
    November 15, 2011 at 11:42 am |

would have been cool if jonas was a regular on sgu

8. sobeckst
    sobeckst
    November 15, 2011 at 4:03 pm |

Jonas was one of my favorite characters on SG-1. In fact, the majority of my favorite episodes come from Season 6. I just loved the season as a whole.

As much as I hated Daniel leaving the series, it was great to have a fresh character come in, and Jonas was very likable. It was great getting to know a new character, for however brief his time on the show was.

For as much as I like Daniel, I don’t think I would’ve had a problem with Jonas having stayed on for the last 4 seasons of the Series.

9. Snowsprite
    Snowsprite
    November 16, 2011 at 4:19 am |

jonas was badass, p disgusting how the producers just shafted the character lmao

sorry you got “weir’d” corin gl with your projects

10. Jackoneill
    Jackoneill
    November 16, 2011 at 11:50 pm |

Weir had the chance to come back, jonas didn’t.
    Funny comment though.

11. pmartin1
    pmartin1
    November 19, 2011 at 8:16 pm |

After being stuck for months on a name for our youngest son, we settled on Jonas after seeing one of the last episodes with Jonas Quinn. My son is 6 now and he loves his unique name, and loves watching SG-1 with mommy and daddy – especially the ones that “he” is in.

12. medegno51
    medegno51
    November 20, 2011 at 6:54 pm |

@pmartin1

Niiice story. Thank you for sharing that.

13. HypedWorld
    HypedWorld
    November 21, 2011 at 12:54 pm |

Have a look at what the other Stargate SG-1 actors have been up to at:

Wish we could see some more SG-1!!! :/

14. rylett
    rylett
    November 21, 2011 at 8:01 pm |

i liked jonas and i liked daniel. they should have found a way to keep jonas around, even if only occasionally, after daniel came back. jonas was a good character.

15. Thunderbird 2
    Thunderbird 2
    November 26, 2011 at 2:48 pm |

Jonas was a cool character, and it was a crying shame Mr Nemec was not brought back on a recurring basis in the role. Browncoat – you def hit the nail on the head there. Esp since Martouf and Dr Fraser both did in a way!
    Personally, I always thought Jonas would have been an excellent addition to the Atlantis Expo. (For example replacing McKay after the Project Arcturus debacle.) Jonas learnt a lot about The Ancients, and it would have provided the first Expo member who was from a planet other than Earth.
    As to Langara, it was ridiculous TPTB thought they could actually use the character’s home planet without addressing the fate of the character himself. (Mind you they failed to address the SGC, or the status of Atlantis too in Seizure.) That was sloppy, and is an insult to the long term audience.(Shrugs)Moving on!

Its nice to read that Mr Nemec has fond memories of his time on SG1, and is both happy and busy now. I wish him well in all his future projects, in front and behind the camera!

16. karicarter
    karicarter
    July 27, 2013 at 11:27 pm |

I can’t believe the writers didn’t tranfer his character over to Atlantis. I mean think about it; the lost city of the ancients, and no archeologist!? He would of been a perfect addition to the Atlantis team; and moving him to Atlantis, means his fans will come too.