UPDATE: Our first winner has been disqualified due to not confirming their award in the time allotted. We’ll be drawing a new winner very soon. While you can no longer enter, if you did while the contest was open, make sure to watch both your forum inbox and the e-mail address you registered it with. You may be our next winner!
A favorite event and destination for Stargate fans for the better part of a decade will disappear after next year. But before it goes, you might have the chance to be there to say farewell.
For the eighth consecutive — and sadly, final — year, Creation Entertainment will be hosting an Official Stargate Convention in the TV franchises’ home city of Vancouver, British Columbia. The con, once again being held at the Metrotown Hilton in Burnaby, is set for April 27-29, 2012. To celebrate its final Canadian outing, GateWorld is teaming up with Creation as they give one lucky winner (and their guest) the chance to attend the convention in style as a special present this holiday season.
Typically, guests for the Vancouver convention can and have been added up to a week prior to the event — but Creation has already amassed a formidable line-up of stars from the long-running franchise. Other names will be announced leading up to the event, but those already announced include:
- From Stargate SG-1: Christopher Judge (“Teal’c”) and Steve Bacic (“Camulus”)
- From Stargate Atlantis: Joe Flanigan (“Col. John Sheppard”), David Hewlett (“Rodney McKay”), Paul McGillion (“Dr. Carson Beckett”), Ryan Robbins (“Ladon Radim”), Kavan Smith (“Major Lorne”), Robert Picardo (“Richard Woolsey”) and Chuck Campbell (“Chuck the technician”)
- Brand new SG-1 faces to the Creation stage, including Barclay Hope (“Colonel Pendergast”), Suanne Braun (“Hathor”) and Sarah Strange (“Morgan Le Fay”)
Through the generosity of Creation, GateWorld is giving away a pair of Gold Weekend Passes to the event. Those familiar with Creation conventions know how inclusive these tickets are. But for those who may have never been to a Creation convention, an explanation is in order — especially since the Vancouver con features other additional perks.
These two gold passes are valued at approximately $800, and will provide the winner and their guest with:
- Reserved seating close to the stage for all three days of the event
- Complimentary entrance to the Friday night Celebrity Cabaret
- A Gold Pass-only dessert party attended by Christopher Judge, Kavan Smith and more.
- In-person complimentary autographs from many of the stars attending
- A Stargate gift produced by Creation — and created only for the Vancouver convention.
Members of GateWorld’s editorial staff will be there — would you like to be there, too? Then simply head over to the contest thread in the GateWorld Forum and answer the question “Who is your favorite Stargate character — and why?” Register first if you’re not a member of the forum yet. It’s quick, and it’s free! (Remember that if you already have a GateWorld account for commenting here on news stories, you still need a separate account on GateWorld Forum to post over there.)
We’ll randomly choose a winner on January 2, 2012 — and they will be notified via the forum. You must be 18 years or older to enter, and only one entry per person, please. Duplicate entries will result in disqualification.
IMPORTANT: This contest provides the winner and guest with tickets to the convention only. The winner and guest are responsible for all other issues involving con attendance. Airfare (or other travel expenses), hotel accommodations and other incidentals are not included. Please also note that since the convention is in Canada, any non-Canadian winner must also provide proper documentation to travel internationally.
Good luck to all who enter! And a big thank-you to Creation Entertainment for their continued support of GateWorld!