‘… Welcome to Stargate Command!’
Stargate SG-1 enters a new era, and the Stargate Rewatch enters its ninth month! All through April we’re enjoying Season Nine of the series, which brought new cast members, storylines, and a terrifying new threat to the galaxy.
Join thousands of Stargate fans all over the world for the Rewatch! Blog, tweet (#SGRewatch), or post on Facebook about your own rewatch progress. Reflect on the best (and worst) of the show, and join the conversation here and at GateWorld Forum. We’re watching one season per month, or about five episodes per week. So relax with Stargate every night after work or school, or save them up for a weekend mini-marathon!
We want to hear from you! If you are blogging about your Rewatch, writing new fanfic, creating artwork, or doing something else related to SG-1 Season Seven, e-mail us a brief description and a link.
Learn more about the Stargate Rewatch and how you can participate here.
Without further ado, here is your intro to Season Nine, including links to everything related on GateWorld.
SG-1 got a new lease on life in its ninth season. The Goa’uld and the Replicators had been defeated and Richard Dean Anderson departed the show, and the producers kicked off a brand new story with the introduction of the Ori, as well as a new member of the team: Ben Browder as Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell. And with actress Amanda Tapping away on maternity leave, the year also started out with the return of Claudia Black in a 6-episode run for Vala Mal Doran.
After Earth inadvertently makes contact with another galaxy, they draw the attention of a race of evil ascended beings — distant cousins of the Ancients, but diametrically opposed to their non-interference philosophy. Now the forces of the Ori have the Milky Way Galaxy in their sights, and are sending ahead emissaries called Priors to convert whole planets to worship them. Meanwhile General Hank Landry takes command of the S.G.C., and the newly-birthed Free Jaffa Nation struggles to hold on to their hard-fought freedom.
Things to watch for this season:
- Highly addictive space corn
- The return of the goddess Qetesh … sort of
- A technology that would become very important to Destiny‘s crew
- Old friends and parallel realities
- “General, I shrunk the team”?
- Baal’s multiple personalities
- A lost tribe of Jaffa warriors
- The destruction of an Earth battleship
- Anubis’ clever security system
- Forum: Official discussion threads for every episode! (The main thread for the Rewatch project is here.)
- Podcast: Darren and David discuss all of Season Nine. (If this is your first time watching, beware of thorough spoilers!)
- Episode Guide: Our handy guide to every episode of Season Nine
- Gallery: Production photos
- Gallery: Thousands of high-quality screen captures
Where to Watch?
- Amazon: Buy Season Nine on DVD (and support GateWorld)!
- Amazon: Download Season Nine episodes
- iTunes: Download Season Nine episodes
- Netflix: Online viewing for $7.99 per month
We’re taking your nominations for the following categories for the SG-1 Season Nine Awards. Use this forum thread if you want your nominations to count. One nomination for each category per person, please. (All nominations must be from Season Nine and Season Nine only!)
- Best Episode (Season Nine)
- Best Cameron Moment
- Best Daniel Moment
- Best Sam Moment
- Best Teal’c Moment
- Best Vala Moment
- Best Team Moment
- Best Alien Race
- Best Villain
- Coolest Technology
- Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
Those “moments” can be a single moment, a line of dialogue, a scene, or even a full episode’s storyline.
Remember: The point of the Rewatch is not just to watch everything again, but to watch it together as a fan community! So post your thoughts on your blog, on Twitter (hastag: #SGRewatch), Facebook, or over at GateWorld Forum. Write a new piece of fanfic to go along with what you’re watching, create a new piece of art, chat it up on your podcast — whatever your creative outlet is! Be sure to post a link so we can see it and share it with other Stargate fans.
Come back in a couple of weeks to cast your ballot for the Season Nine Awards!