After saying farewell earlier this spring to the Vancouver edition, it’s now North America’s only official Stargate convention. And if you’re lucky, we’ve got your tickets to get in!
Now entering its ninth year, Creation Entertainment‘s Offical Stargate Convention will visit the Chicago area in mid-August. Taking place at the Westin O’Hare, the event will run from August 17 to Ausust 19, and promises a very full three days of Stargate celebrities and fun!
While the celebrity guest list for this year doesn’t include any cast members from Stargate Universe, a great mix (albeit a bit Atlantis-heavy) from the two prior shows promise to liven up the weekends festivities. Scheduled to appear thus far:
- From Stargate SG-1: After a two year absence, Michael Shanks (“Dr. Daniel Jackson”) returns to the Creation stages to headline the SG-1 portion of the con. Others from the series making an appearance include Steve Bacic (“Camulus”), Suanne Braun (“Hathor”), Dan Payne and Alex Zahara (the latter two having several different roles over the series’ run).
- From Stargate Atlantis: Making what is essentially a very rare Midwest convention appearance is Torri Higginson (“Dr. Elizabeth Weir”). Other actors from the series set to appear include Joe Flanigan (“Col. John Sheppard”), Paul McGillion (“Dr. Carson Beckett”), David Nykl (“Radek Zelenka”), Rachel Luttrell (“Teyla Emmagan”), Jewel Staite (“Dr. Jennifer Keller”), Ryan Robbins (“Ladon Radim”), Robert Picardo (“Richard Woolsey”) and Chuck Campbell (“Chuck the technician”).
Through the generosity of Creation, GateWorld is giving away a pair of Gold Weekend Passes to the event. Those familiar with Creation conventions know how inclusive these tickets are. But for those who may have never been to a Creation convention, an explanation is in order.
These two gold passes are valued at approximately $800, and will provide the winner and their guest with:
- Reserved seating close to the stage for all three days of the event
- Complimentary entrance to the Friday night Celebrity Cabaret
- A Gold Pass-only dessert party attended by Torri Higginson, Ryan Robbins and many more.
- In-person complimentary autographs from many of the stars attending.
GateWorld’s editorial staff will be there — would you like to be there, too? Then simply head over to the contest thread in the GateWorld Forum and answer the question “How has Stargate affected your life?” Register first if you’re not a member of the forum yet. It’s quick, and it’s free! (Remember that if you already have a GateWorld account for commenting here on news stories, you still need a separate account on GateWorld Forum to post over there.)
We’ll randomly choose a winner on June 10, 2012 — and they will be notified via the forum. You must be 18 years or older to enter, and only one entry per person, please. Duplicate entries will result in disqualification.
IMPORTANT: This contest provides the winner and guest with tickets to the convention only. The winner and guest are responsible for all other issues involving con attendance. Airfare (or other travel expenses), hotel accommodations and other incidentals are not included.
Good luck to all who enter! And a big thank-you to Creation Entertainment for their continued support of GateWorld!