1. dmoney79
    dmoney79
    March 16, 2013 at 10:50 pm |

my husband got me into stargate atlantis first, he had the series on dvd, and we have ready watched the series twice in a year….we are now finishing up our 2nd run of sg-1, this time with our newborn (who we almost named teyla)……we hardly watch anything else, but when we do we can always spot an sg alum….

2. happyfilmman
    happyfilmman
    March 17, 2013 at 1:10 am |

I was 12 and I loved the movie but was never allowed to watch it because it was PG-13. I couldn’t wait for the premiere of SG-1 on Showtime and low and behold…full frontal nudity. From then on I was allowed to watch the original movie.

3. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    March 18, 2013 at 11:38 am |

I’m so impressed and happy there is still such demand for Stargate!

4. jameswatson
    jameswatson
    March 18, 2013 at 4:55 pm |

hi:
    been a fan of SG-1, atlantis and universe. for the past 8 years i have been attending stargate conventions all in gold passes, for chicago. i’ve recently been unemployed and cant afford to attend this year. for me conventions are meeting up with old friends, and meeting all the stars of course. i love stargate and would have bad day at work, stargate would always put a smile on my face :) i would love to win these tickets, as i have never won anything in my life. would be sooo cool. thanks, have a great week, james watson.

5. TellyGeek
    March 21, 2013 at 5:11 pm |

I saw Amanda Tapping in Sanctuary, watched all seasons of it and when I found out it wouldn’t be coming back I started watching SG1 and am now on Season 5. Besides the movie that’s all I have watched since I am watching them in order! Love it! ♥

6. bt-oma
    bt-oma
    March 21, 2013 at 9:08 pm |

My ex-gf grew up in a very sci-fi filled household. I had seen the movie growing up, but not the show until about 2004. We watched it every day out of order, and eventually when it made its way onto hulu and netflix I was able to watch all the series and episodes in order. I’ve loved every episode and plot line, but what I enjoy most has always been the mythology behind it all.

7. lilschweitzer83
    lilschweitzer83
    March 25, 2013 at 5:16 pm |

I first started watching Stargate about 5 years ago. My brother introduced me to it. We started watching it because our cable got turned off because we fell into some hard financial times. I really like sci fi shows so my brother suggested we watch Stargate. I checked out the dvds from the library. We first watched all the season so SG1 and the moved on to SGA. I always wanted to go to a convention because I live so close to Chicago but never go the chance. It would be really cool to win these tickets.

8. Bagpuss
    Bagpuss
    March 27, 2013 at 3:59 am |

Hi everyone! :)

Just a reminder to please head over to the Forum,and post your entries in the Contest thread by the closing date.
    (If you haven’t already posted there,of course!)

Thread link:

All the best everyone,and good luck!:)

Bagpuss.

9. brandon.toole
    brandon.toole
    March 27, 2013 at 9:29 am |

I actually became a super fan while unemployed (Don’t try teaching high school students, a major head ache). Thanks to Netflix, I was hooked, getting through SG-1, Atlantis and Universe. I didn’t forget the movies either. It was all great and I am thankful for the series 3 fan fiction from Laurence Moroney. I am headed on a cruise in April and have all the screenplay’s on my ipad. I wish it were still around, I think Stargate is the best show created. I have never been to a Science Fiction convention and I would like nothing more than to go to one that focuses on Stargate.

10. HopeSheppard
    HopeSheppard
    March 28, 2013 at 3:50 pm |

I have always been a sci-fi fan, starting out with Star Trek, of course, when I was a preteen. But sadly I have only recently been introduced to the Stargate franchise. I caught up on all three series and the movies on Netflix this summer. I found myself very sad when I came to the very last and found myself wanting more. I wish I had been a follower while the shows were still in production. I’m still hopng for that Atlantis movie. They can’t just leave us hanging with no conclusion to the Wraith conflict, can they? I’ve become a die hard Stargate fan, I need more substance to feed this addiction!!!!!!

11. Bugginkrd
    Bugginkrd
    March 29, 2013 at 3:26 pm |

I have loved Stargate since the 1st movie and introduced a ton of my friends to the movie and shows. I been sick the past 2 years and I have not been able to attend the conventions due to illness, loss of job, savings and my retirement. My sister celebrates her 50th birthday this year and this would be the greatest present I could give her for looking after me. Please help me make a birthday wish come true.

12. Vilya
    Vilya
    April 16, 2013 at 6:04 pm |

Hi Gateworld,

Has the winner been validated/accepted yet? Just wondering since the ‘Editor’s Note’ hasn’t changed for awhile. Thanks!

13. DancerChick1982
    April 21, 2013 at 7:37 pm |

Good luck to the winner!! I won the Gold Weekend passes last year (thanks Gate World) and I had so much fun at my first Stargate Con!!!! It was an early 30th birthday present to myself! My boyfriend will be attending this year with me (his first!!! So excited!!), and he is so psyched!! I promise to hug the winner this year, the way everyone hugged me!!! :-) See you there!!