First Aired: January 16, 2004
Carter is injured when the Prometheus is attacked by an unknown ship, and awakens to find herself stranded alone in deep space.
- “Grace” introduced a new advanced, space-faring alien species. Though Carter eventually negotiated with them (by one-way radio communication), we never saw them, learned their name, or heard from them again.
- Actor Craig Veroni plays the Prometheus weapons officer. He would go on to play the recurring character of Dr. Peter Grodin on Stargate Atlantis.
- Since most of the episode featured actress Amanda Tapping on her own, it was logical for the production crew to shoot “Grace” mostly with a second-unit crew, at the same time that another episode was shooting on the first unit.
- Sam Carter and Jack O’Neill had largely buried their romantic feelings for each other since they were confirmed in Season Four’s “Divide and Conquer.” The kiss was shown in the network’s preview for the episode, leaving many Shippers greatly disappointed when the whole thing turned out to be a very quick “what if?” flash in Sam’s mind.
- What Sam goes through in this episode leads directly to her willingness to put Jack behind her and open herself up to a new romantic relationship: she starts dating Pete Shanahan just two episodes later (“Chimera”).
“Grace” on GateWorld:
- Episode Guide
- Episode Review
- Photo Gallery
- Screencap Gallery
- Discussion Thread
- Interview with Amanda Tapping (2004)
- Season Seven Podcast
Rewatch “Grace” this week! Then post your comments below, or head over to the “Grace” discussion thread and see what people were saying back in the day. What are your favorite moments?
Each week we’re highlighting a favorite episode from Stargate’s 17 seasons. Watch the episode with us this week and join in the fun!