First Aired: July 14, 2006
As the Ori invade the Jaffa planet Chulak, Vala and Daniel must deal with their leader: Vala’s young daughter, rapidly aged by the Ori to serve their purposes.
“Flesh and Blood” Facts:
- “Flesh and Blood” marks actress Claudia Black‘s first appearance as a series regular. Black first appeared in the mid-Season Eight episode “Prometheus Unbound,” then returned for eight episodes (six at the beginning and two at the end) of Season Nine.
- The tenth season premiere features three different young actresses in the role of the rapidly growing Adria (in addition to the baby). Jodelle Ferland makes her Stargate debut as Adria at age 7, before returning as an alien princess in Stargate Atlantis‘s “Harmony.” (Today she co-stars on Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie’s sci-fi series Dark Matter.)
- Adria at age 4 was played by a last-minute substitute after the child who was cast was unable to perform. It’s the TV debut of Emma Rose (Cooper), daughter of Stargate writer and executive producer Robert C. Cooper.
- Actor Doug Abrahams plays the one-eyed prior in this episode. It’s his second Stargate appearance — he previously played Commander Hale of the Kelownan military.
- The Russian weapons officer is played by actress Apollonia Vanova, who would return with a bigger (if still rather brief) role as the Wraith queen assassinated by Todd on SGA’s “The Queen.”
“Flesh and Blood” on GateWorld:
- Episode Guide
- Fan Reviews
- Photo Gallery
- Screencap Gallery
- Discussion Thread
- Season Ten Podcast
- Interview with Claudia Black (2006)
- Interview with Amanda Tapping (2006)
- Interview with Beau Bridges (2006)
- Interview with Brad Wright (2006)
- Interview with Robert C. Cooper (2006)
Rewatch “Flesh and Blood” this week! Then post your comments below, or head over to the “Flesh and Blood” discussion thread and see what people were saying back in the day. What are your favorite moments?
Each week this year we’re rewatching Stargate’s great season premieres, finales, and mid-season two-parters. Watch the episode with us this week and join in the fun!