Newest Most Voted
Happyfilmman
Creags
7 months ago

I’ve always been curious about the claim it’s always been 4:3. The original DVDs that were released are 16×9 anamorphic. Comparing them to their 4:3 counterparts its clear (to me at least) that they were always 16×9 but rather cropped into 4:3. It’s trimming the right and left side of the frame not a zoom-in job like Seinfeld, Friends, Buffy and the Simspons have been guilty of recently.

Heightmeyer's Lemming
7 months ago

Call me old-school but no, I wouldn’t fork out the euros for an HD-remaster of what I already have in pretty decent quality, which is part of the legacy and history of stargate. =D

Why does everyone want to erase filming history for the next new thing in HD-land?
Seriously, there would be charm lost — it would be like cutting out the (ridiculous) animatronic/stopmotion Taun-Taun from episode 5 of Star Wars.

Heck, MGM doesn’t even want to fork out money to make new content, what makes you think they would do it to remaster old content.

Mako
Mako
7 months ago

Yes, yes and yes!

And yea, if the studio is willing to make a multi-million dollar investment on Stargate anything, I’d personally prefer it to be some new content. Is it taking a risk? Sure it is. But I thought SG1, SGA and SGU were all fantastic for their time and I have faith that, if driven by those same storytellers, the risk and the ride will be worth taking.

Holly
Holly
6 months ago

I would buy a new set if they added subtitles.

HDD
HDD
7 months ago

Stargate anything is my favorite sci-fi. I’d much rather them be working on a new series rather that just recoloring what we’ve all seen multiple times I’m sure. I seriously miss SGU so much, been killing me for years. Reboot SGU or continuing to the 3rd season of SGU and I’d be super happy, it’s so beautiful

William Mitchell
William Mitchell
7 months ago

I wished the makers of Stargate SG-1 would of make all the voices of the system Lord’s including the female goddesses sound exactly like Ra’s voice from Stargate the movie.

nonpcnpc
nonpcnpc
7 months ago

I’d happily pay a 1000 $/€/Ł for entire SG-1 collection in 4k. Hell, I’d buy a new TV and surround sound system just for that. But for years I was aware of the fact that they shot it on the wrong “stock” that could not be transcoded into digital so I am at peace with this fact. It does not make watching the low-res any worse though. The untouched, grainy, BSG is also quite enjoyable.

Unoilliac
Unoilliac
7 months ago

I’d buy it, but it should be the correct process. Clean and wash the film, scan it in 4k (or higher) and then do the digital enhancements to it. It will look far better.

Jgate
Jgate
7 months ago

comment image

Jim Hutto
Jim Hutto
6 months ago

While I have fallen back in love with the earlier season of SG1, I have noticed a quality difference between season 1,2,3 and 4,5,6,7. 8,9,10 were shot digitally from what I have gathered. However I do agree, they will need to recreate the special effects just so it doesn’t look off, and then there is the entire issue of the film stock that is used. If the film that was used isn’t of a certain quality, no software in existence will be able to render 4k. But, hope springs eternal.