For the seventh consecutive year, Creation Entertainment will be hosting the mother of all Official Stargate Conventions in the TV franchises’ home city, Vancouver. The con, once again being held at the Metrotown Hilton in Burnaby, is set for April 14-17. But for the first time ever, GateWorld is teaming with Creation to give one lucky winner (and their guest) the chance to attend the convention in style.
Typically, guests for the Vancouver convention can and have been added up to a week prior to the event — but Creation has already amassed a formidable line-up of stars from all three series. Other names will be announced leading up to the event, but those already announced include:
- From Stargate SG-1: Christopher Judge (“Teal’c”), Corin Nemec (“Jonas Quinn”), Patrick Currie (“Fifth”) and J.R. Bourne (“Martouf”).
- From Stargate Atlantis: Joe Flanigan (“Col. John Sheppard”), David Hewlett (“Rodney McKay”), Paul McGillion (“Dr. Carson Beckett”), David Nykl (“Radek Zelenka”), Kavan Smith (“Major Lorne”), Christopher Heyerdahl (“Todd the Wraith”), Robert Davi (“Kolya”) and Chuck Campbell (“Chuck the technician”).
- Jamil Walker Smith (“Master Sgt. Ronald Greer”) from Stargate Universe
- Stargate executive producer, writer and mastermind Brad Wright.
Through the generosity of Creation, GateWorld is giving away a pair of Gold Weekend Passes to the event. Those familiar with Creation conventions know how inclusive these tickets are. But for those who may have never been to a Creation convention, an explanation is in order — especially since the Vancouver con features other additional perks.
These two gold passes are valued at over $1150, and will provide the winner and their guest with:
- Reserved seating close to the stage for all four days of the event.
- A complimentary tour of the Stargate sets at Bridge Studios (provided the sets are still standing at that time)
- Complimentary entrance to the Friday night Celebrity Cabaret
- A Gold Pass-only dessert party attended by Christopher Judge, Robert Davi and Paul McGillion.
- In-person complimentary autographs from a majority of the stars attending
- A Stargate gift produced by Creation — and created only for the Vancouver convention.
Members of GateWorld’s editorial staff will be there — would you like to be there, too? Then simply head over to the contest thread in the GateWorld Forum and answer the question “Why is Stargate important to you?” Register first if you’re not a member of the forum yet. It’s quick, and it’s free! (Remember that if you already have a GateWorld account for commenting here on news stories, you still need a separate account on GateWorld Forum to post over there.)
We’ll randomly choose a winner on February 18, and they will be notified via the forum. You must be 18 years or older to enter, and only one entry per person, please. Duplicate entries will result in disqualification.
IMPORTANT: This contest provides the winner and guest with tickets to the convention only. The winner and guest are responsible for all other issues involving con attendance. Airfare (or other travel expenses), hotel accomodations and other incidentals are not included. Please also note that since the convention is in Canada, any non-Canadian winner must also provide proper documentation to travel internationally.
Good luck to all who enter! And a big thank-you to Creation Entertainment for their continued support of GateWorld!