1. in3d
    in3d
    May 17, 2012 at 12:04 pm |

Terrific interview, Chad :-) Really miss the show and have recently gone back to randomly rewatching the series quite often in the last couple months. Just can’t get enough and have great ideas for cross-over stories as well. Feel the Universe story isn’t over and needs to be revisted someday. Hoping someone has left the light on and we’ll regroup down the road :-)

2. hewittor
    hewittor
    May 17, 2012 at 12:36 pm |

Great interview, however Martin that last idea is unique, but don’t lose base of what works. We want missions through the Stargate. Other species. It’s why Universe failed. There was one constant setting.

3. Browncoat1984
    Browncoat1984
    May 17, 2012 at 6:57 pm |

Two words. KICK. STARTER! I’m serious, guys! A kickstarter campaign for Sanctuary and Stargate WOULD be successful! What will it take to get this point across to MGM/SyFy/Brad Wright/Martin Wood/whoever and get it starter? WE WANT MORE STARGATE AND SANCTUARY! WE WANT A PROPER CONCLUSION TO SG-1/SGA/SGU!!

It doesn’t even need to be on SyFy! We can air it on the Internet.

SyFy had an opportunity to make Stargate its own version of Law and Order/NCIS – that show that was always there. The one grounding factor of the network, that you knew there would ALWAYS be a Stargate on. There’s no reason it couldn’t have been that, even with Universe running, it could have opened the door to a whole new era of Stargate on TV. I mean, we can still have Eureka, Warehouse 13, Sanctuary but Stargate should have been IT. Stargate is what, in most people’s minds, represented the network and they turned and continue to turn our backs on us.

I say we go to Brad Wright and Martin Wood, we say “we think a kickstarter will work for both shows” and we get it started! Screw SyFy, we don’t need them! If just 1 million Stargate/Sanctuary fans give $20 per person we could easily fund a whole season of each show!

4. majorsal
    majorsal
    May 17, 2012 at 7:52 pm |

nice to read amanda’s and martin’s views on stargate’s future, and that they think there IS a future!! i totally agree with martin to continue stargate with things the fans find comfort with…

*fingers crossed*

5. SG-1-A-U
    SG-1-A-U
    May 17, 2012 at 10:59 pm |

ONE CAN ONLY DREAM FOR THE ABILITY TO ONE DAY WATCH THE REBIRTH OF GATE TRAVEL.

6. Browncoat1984
    Browncoat1984
    May 18, 2012 at 1:27 am |

I would LOVE to see a new Stargate series, but you know what, I want a conclusion to the LAST one first! Give us a few movies to put the old guard SG-1/SGA/SGU to rest and then bring on a new series to jumpstart it! Maybe the movies to conclude it could pave way for a new show! Either way, its hard to imagine a third series when we know there’s two that are still open with no idea what’s happening to those characters.

7. majorsal
    majorsal
    May 18, 2012 at 5:21 pm |

@ browncoat: i agree! conclude the other stargates before starting something new.

and really, it’s *so* easy to do!!

8. DancerChick1982
    May 18, 2012 at 9:03 pm |

Yea, Chad, love the article! Amanda Tapping is just amazing, I admire her the way I always have admired Tina Fey. And that is a big deal, because not every actress is worth admiring, at least, not to me. So many of them are so phony, but she is so real, and incredible.

Martin Wood proves to be one of my favorite SG-1 directors, next to Peter DeLuise. They were the most charismatic directors on the show, and I love all the Director Featurettes on the season six DVDs. I especially love how he says “CUT!!!!” and throws his hands up. And Peter DeLuise…he should never have given up acting, because he is too easy to spot.

I really hope there will be a movie, because I will need to see it, and drag someone to see it with me. I hate to say it, but I hope to see the gate opening effect in 3D sometime in my lifetime – I want to have the feeling of being hit in the face by the vortex to be heightened. But Im not sure if I would want a whole movie in 3D, just that effect.

9. Sylvia
    Sylvia
    May 18, 2012 at 9:09 pm |

Great interview! I’m pretty much only interested in the movies if they have the old SGA and SG1 cast, I really want to see what happened next for them. :)

10. Mollymouse
    Mollymouse
    May 21, 2012 at 11:45 am |

Another vote for this movie they talked about that will tie up the three SG series. And, they say there’s a terrific script… DO IT!!!!

11. Sad News for Sanctuary Fans « Doctor Geekly
    May 21, 2012 at 3:46 pm |

[…] don’t fret yet loyal fans. Amanda Tapping and Martin Wood did an interview for Gateworld recently and said that they would love to continue the series on as either a miniseries or continue […]