‘Atlantis is leaving this planet.’
It’s hard to believe, but the Stargate Rewatch has been going strong for one full year! It’s a major milestone in the Stargate fan community’s worldwide project to revisit the whole of the Stargate franchise — all 17 seasons and three movies. And it’s not too late to join up.
In August we’ll be rewatching Season Three o Stargate Atlantis. This was an important year for the series, which introduced a key antagonist in the Asurans and provided a key backstory for the origins of the Replicators. We also said an unexpected goodbye to a beloved team member.
We want to hear from you! If you are blogging about your Rewatch, writing new fanfic, creating artwork, or doing something else related to Atlantis Season Three, e-mail us a brief description and a link.
Here’s your introduction to Season Three, including links to all the good stuff we’ve collected here at Gateworld! Click here to learn more about the Rewatch and how you can join us now.
As the third season opens Ronon and McKay are captives of the Wraith, who have stolen the location of Earth and are on their way. In order to stop them the team must collaborate with Michael, the hybrid they created but who now realizes the hive can no longer be his home. Dr. Beckett made progress on his retrovirus, and an introduction to the Asurans would put Dr. Weir’s life on the line and lead to the loss of Atlantis itself.
Season Three would also force Ronon to relive his difficult final days on his home planet of Sateda. Colonel Sheppard would have to put his trust in a Wraith to escape the clutches of Commander Kolya, and Rodney faced almost certain death if he did not figure out how to ascend.
Things to watch for this season:
- Rodney McKay’s real first name
- A Wraith power we never knew about
- Weir’s chance at love
- A convenient headcold
- Sympathy from Atlantis’s future commander for its present commander
- Jack O’Neill!
- An actor from the original feature film
- A cool new idea for quick travel to and from Earth
SGA Season Three on GateWorld:
- Forum: Official discussion threads for every episode! (The main thread for the Rewatch project is here.)
- Podcast: Darren and David discuss all of Season Three. (If this is your first time watching, beware of thorough spoilers!)
- Episode Guide: Our handy guide to every episode
- Gallery: Production photos
- Gallery: Thousands of high-quality screen captures
- Cast and Crew Interviews (2006): Joe Flanigan – Torri Higginson – David Hewlett – David Hewlett (2 Parts) – Rachel Luttrell – David Nykl – Paul McGillion and Jason Momoa – David Nykl – Kavan Smith
- Guest Star Interviews: Connor Trinneer – Kate Hewlett – Andee Frizzell
- Producer Interviews: Martin Gero – Carl Binder – Brad Wright – Robert C. Cooper
Where to Watch?
- Amazon: Buy the complete series on Blu-ray (and support GateWorld)!
- Amazon: Buy Season Three on DVD
- Amazon: Download Season Three episodes (many in HD)
- iTunes: Download Season Three episodes in HD
Netflix: Online viewing for $7.99 per month. Update: Netflix users tell us that SGA has been removed from the service. We’re not sure if this is permanent.
We’re now taking your nominations for the following categories for the Atlantis Season Three Awards. Use this forum thread if you want your nominations to count. One nomination for each category per person, please. (All nominations must be from Atlantis Season Three and Season Three only!)
- Best Episode (Season Three)
- Best Sheppard Moment
- Best McKay Moment
- Best Teyla Moment
- Best Ronon Moment
- Best Weir Moment
- Best Beckett Moment
- Best Team Moment
- Best Alien Race
- Best Individual Villain
- Coolest Ancient Technology
- Coolest Alien Technology
- Best SG-1 Crossover
- Best Guest Star (based on one specific Season Three episode)
Those “moments” can be a single moment, a line of dialogue, a scene, or in some cases even a full episode’s storyline.
Remember: The point of the Rewatch is not just to watch everything again, but to watch it together as a fan community! So post your thoughts on your blog, on Twitter (hashtag: #SGRewatch), Facebook, or over at GateWorld Forum. Write a new piece of fanfic to go along with what you’re watching, create a new piece of art, chat it up on your podcast — whatever your creative outlet is! Be sure to post a link so we can see it and share it with other Stargate fans.
Come back in a couple of weeks to cast your ballot for July’s Stargate Atlantis Awards!