1. braksator
    braksator
    March 26, 2013 at 10:46 pm |

” the conclusion of Season One (March 18)”
    That was confusing till I worked out it meant SyFy’s season 1, since anyone that cared about this show saw season 1 months ago…

2. hewittor
    hewittor
    March 27, 2013 at 11:15 am |

Great news. I did watch it pre-Syfy.

3. Slayme
    Slayme
    March 27, 2013 at 2:00 pm |

This could be bad news for Continuum. Syfy has cancelled many shows that had similar ratings.

4. Jim Hutto
    March 27, 2013 at 4:08 pm |

I found this by sheer and utter accident. It is a good show, I like the story line and characters. I hope season 2 is.more then 10 episodes.

5. Jim Hutto
    March 27, 2013 at 4:11 pm |

@Slayme. Syfy doesn’t produce this show. This show is funded by Showcase up in Canada. If Syfy cancels it, they won’t stop production. Unlike SG1, Caprica, Warehouse 13, Eureka, SGU, Sanctuary this is not a Syfy funded show.

6. jimv1983
    jimv1983
    March 27, 2013 at 10:53 pm |

What a relief. After what NBC(parent company of SyFy) did with the last 2 Canadian produced shows they picked up I thought they would pass on a second season of Continuum for sure.

The Listener was picked up for the first season and wasn’t renewed. It just got renewed for it’s FORTH season in Canada.

Saving Hope(staring Michael Shanks) was picked up for it’s first season on NBC but did not get renewed by NBC. It just got renewed for a second season in Canada.

7. Slayme
    Slayme
    March 28, 2013 at 12:50 pm |

@Jim Hutto. I may be wrong but I recall that Sanctuary was originally produced by Space Channel before Syfy picked it up and got its own money involved. A fifth season of Sanctuary after the big changes at the end of season 4 would have been awesome.

8. DancerChick1982
    March 28, 2013 at 9:35 pm |

So they moved it to Friday nights? My boyfriend is going to be unhappy, he works Friday nights. Guess his awesome girlfriend will be DVRing it for him. :-) Funny thing is, I have a scheduled activity the night of the premiere (my dance recital), so even I will not get to see it until late in the evening. Looking forward to it though! And I miss Sanctuary dearly!

9. brandenwan
    brandenwan
    April 1, 2013 at 2:00 pm |

Comcast owns NBC, and NBC owns SyFy. Between the parent that parent company, How I feel about NBC as whole after the Comcast acquisition, and SyFy being cancel-happy at a sneeze of lackluster ratings, I am SO HAPPY that Showcase produces the show. I think more shows should be produced by anyone or anything that is not Comcast, NBC, or Syfy. Screw ’em. They don’t like it? They can drop it, Netflix just may save it one day… You never know.:-)

10. brandenwan
    brandenwan
    April 1, 2013 at 2:01 pm |

**Sorry, NBC Universal owns SyFy

11. Jarmey
    Jarmey
    April 3, 2013 at 5:53 pm |

I would defnitly watch it on syfy… unfortuniatly I don’t have cable… so I will have to watch it online, sorry, but u can add me to youre numbers…

12. comp734
    comp734
    April 7, 2013 at 9:23 pm |

Really, online numbers need to count for something. TV networks have online shows and views should count for credit. Let shows have a chance to develop a fan base and have some slack on viewer volume!

13. Kate Fredericks
    Kate Fredericks
    April 17, 2013 at 3:51 am |

Those that be (in charge) are working hard to pull in numbers from DVD’d and watched up to three days later, those that watch it On Demand, those that watch it on Hulu, and those that watch it on their website. I know they are currently working diligently to get to the point that ALL venues of watching shows can be counted. But it takes time. I say they have it figured out two years from now!

I loved Continuum and am happy to hear that Syfy has picked up another year. But like most of you, I don’t like or trust NBC (parent company of Syfy). Do any of you know how I can stream shows from Canada that aren’t being shown here in the US? Loved Saving Hope, and can’t seem to find a website to watch the new season on. Blast NBC, anyway!!!!